NBC O&O Graphics (2016 Look N)

jb542

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For formality purposes, and so it's clear, WVIT debuted the new look tonight, and not just the weather graphics. The station's logo is unchanged and fully spelled out.

For formality purposes, and so it's clear, WVIT debuted the new look tonight, and not just the weather graphics. The station's logo is unchanged and fully spelled out.

Why did they decide to keep the 7-day forecast unlike WNBC?

I also think WVIT switched to the Tower for music. I liked their use of the graphics better than WNBC. I also hate WNBC's use of the white bar with the NBC chimes with the upcoming story headers. I think its distracting. Let's hope WTVJ, WMAQ, and WCAU customize these more.

The weather L3's:

th_image_12.png

Recently, KXAS (NBC 5 + 5 Forecast) and WCAU (

) uses the 10 day forecast by showcasing the first 5 days then adding the other 5.

KXAS:

th_image_14.pngth_image_15.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but coming into this refresh, 6 of the 10 stations were using LA Groove, or was WVIT using something different?

Only KXAS, WMAQ, WTVJ, WRC, and WVIT doesn't use LA Groove.

Actually, it sounds like they used v4 for the open. (Should use v5)

I really like these graphics. I think LA Groove could use an update, or just ditch it and go with the 360 NBC Theme instead. WNBC needs to get rid of those bars on the screen, they make no sense. Overall, awesome!

Here is WNBC's 11pm news from Saturday. It gives a better look at the graphics.

[MEDIA=vimeo]170335345[/MEDIA]

Tower V.5 for this open and V.1 for the close...

I do prefer WNBC's time and temp setup. However, instead of the regionalized conditions, they could put a sponsor tag below the time and temp bug.

New graphics will debut next on WTVJ NBC 6 News at 4.

BOOM! Just as I predicted. New open, new graphics, same music. Same kind of bug as WNBC and WVIT. Same bottom line as WNBC and WVIT.

I guess they're pushing for more info on TV screens. I like the bug by the way.

The "Always On" format is now live for the first time.

First Alert Traffic at the bottom and First Alert Weather on the right side.

It came up as commercials started and it reverts back when commercials are over.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention... new V/O. Let's dump Charlie Van Dyke and have Bob Tracey instead.

Archived