NBC O&O Graphics (2016 Look N)

jb542

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish the other stations would adopt the light L3's for mornings. That's the one of the things I don't like about Look N is the lack of color customization compared to Look F.

With all the current stations that have the graphics now, let's see who uses the 10 day forecasts.

KNBC (7 day [seven zone] during and at the end)

KNSD (7 day [Four zone])

KNTV (7 day [Two zone])

KXAS (10 day)

WCAU (7 day [Zone by zone] during weather, 10 day at the end)

WMAQ (7 day)

WNBC (10 day)

WRC (10 day)

WTVJ (7 day)

WVIT (7 day [Two zone])

WMAQ actually uses the 10-day format

With all the current stations that have the graphics now, let's see who uses the 10 day forecasts.

KNBC (7 day [seven zone] during and at the end)

KNSD (7 day [Four zone])

KNTV (7 day [Two zone])

KXAS (10 day)

WCAU (7 day [Zone by zone] during weather, 10 day at the end)

WMAQ (7 day)

WNBC (10 day)

WRC (10 day)

WTVJ (7 day)

WVIT (7 day [Two zone])

KNSD only serves San Diego and Tijuana, they aren't seven zoned. KNBC just got the update so how would you know.... KNBC tries everything so they probably will use 10 day outlooks.

KNSD only serves San Diego and Tijuana, they aren't seven zoned. KNBC just got the update so how would you know.... KNBC tries everything so they probably will use 10 day outlooks.

He didn't say 7 zoned. He said 4 zone as in Coast, Inland, Mountains and Desert.

Here are the 4/5/6pm opens. They sped up the chimes at the end to fit the open. Not too bad.

Heck, 7/39's brought back their "Coverage You Can Count On" slogan they've used during the "News San Diego" era, (Now if they can use their Kalehoff theme again they've been used since they used when current calls came in force in '89)

No 10 day outlooks on the west coast....anything longer than 3 days is really pushing it.

97% of our weather comes off the Pacific, so extended forecasting is still hit and miss due to the solid lack of instrumentation in/on the ocean.

No 10 day outlooks on the west coast....anything longer than 3 days is really pushing it.

97% of our weather comes off the Pacific, so extended forecasting is still hit and miss due to the solid lack of instrumentation in/on the ocean.

You mean like El Nino and La Nina? And what about earthquakes? Those dont come off the pacific

You mean like El Nino and La Nina? And what about earthquakes? Those dont come off the pacific

The El Nino predictions flopped and I doubt NBC can predict earthquakes let alone 10 seconds in the future.

I believe the State of California approved the purchase of an early warning earthquake alert system sometime this year, not sure the logistics of it (i.e. how reliable it is, when it will be up and running and who can tap into the system, etc.) .

I believe the State of California approved the purchase of an early warning earthquake alert system sometime this year, not sure the logistics of it (i.e. how reliable it is, when it will be up and running and who can tap into the system, etc.) .

Yeah they did but it's still in testing phase and it works just we need the money for it, the governor put 6 billion into funding for our bullet train which doesn't even run through all of California. We have to wait for our early warning system.

There actually are quite a few buoys along the west coast that NOAA owns, in addition to the data navy ships are providing and the occasional airplane that's equipped to do such.

There actually are quite a few buoys along the west coast that NOAA owns, in addition to the data navy ships are providing and the occasional airplane that's equipped to do such.

Let me know when they replace those with very basic temp/surf/swell bouys fixed radar platforms (not gonna happen)

The point is there is not even close to accurate wx predictions coming off the Pacific or the gulf of Alaska. Let the mets discuss it on their own .

Lack of instruments

The open sounds awful. It like hearing a broken record.

They could've just played the "Chimes" part of the open track only, if they wanted to stick with the length of the open.

'CAU plays the chimes part of Groove. (STILL?)

Fyi, these system dont actually predict earthquake. Earthquakes take time to travel, so the technolgey just picks up an earthquake happening someplace and then alert people that an earthquake is coming before it gets there. Its like a bouy in the ocean sensing a tsunami or tidal wave and telling people on shore it is coming.

Fyi, these system dont actually predict earthquake. Earthquakes take time to travel, so the technolgey just picks up an earthquake happening someplace and then alert people that an earthquake is coming before it gets there. Its like a bouy in the ocean sensing a tsunami or tidal wave and telling people on shore it is coming.

On KNSD, they did mention that they were working on the 10 day

On KNBC's 6:00 newscast they aired a commercial, all about having "3 Dopplers, 2 mobile weather centers circling all regions, our storm tracking jeep, and now our exclusive 10 day forecast 4 you. Some changes are happening stay tuned."

On KNBC's 6:00 newscast they aired a commercial, all about having "3 Dopplers, 2 mobile weather centers circling all regions, our storm tracking jeep, and now our exclusive 10 day forecast 4 you. Some changes are happening stay tuned."

:D:D

Does SoCal REALLY need three dopplers, with it's scant annual rainfal rates, or is that just another way for Fritz to one-up Dallas?

Archived