NBC O&O Graphics (2016 Look N)

jb542

On 9/14/2020 at 9:12 PM, nbctlmdo&o said:

WNBC in New York started using the new graphics for the 10-Day Forecast. Are they the only ones doing the new graphics?

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 9.09.00 PM.png

I was watching KNSD this morning and they started using these updated weather graphics.

Here are some images

PXL_20201005_135901792.MP.jpg

PXL_20201005_135929993_MP.jpg

PXL_20201005_140036791.jpg

PXL_20201005_135951639_MP.jpg

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's already been at WVIT for a couple of weeks.

image.thumb.png.55a21bdb93a79a59719e21c56db33264.png

KNBC also introduced the new changes today this morning.

image.thumb.png.b63010103d678b2a13cf4f88f7aa0d49.png

The font changes are so subtle, and they align more closely with the previously discussed/announced (Aug 2019) font changes. Changes in weather graphics are definitely a harbinger for something to come, but like mentioned before, they'll eventually be rolled out across the group and I don't think there's a need to list every switch until a more noticeable makeover of the overall graphics appears.

In the interest of maintaining some semblance of an "update" in lieu of individual posts, the list of stations that have the new weather graphics so far (as of 12/6/2020) will be in black bold (while those in gray bold have yet to implement them):

• WNBC
  • WVIT
  • KNSD
  • KNBC
  • KNTV
  • WRC 
  • KXAS 
  • WMAQ 
  • WCAU (new)
  • WTVJ
  • WBTS

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 3:41 PM, Roadrunner said:

It's already been at WVIT for a couple of weeks.

image.thumb.png.55a21bdb93a79a59719e21c56db33264.png

KNBC also introduced the new changes today this morning.

image.thumb.png.b63010103d678b2a13cf4f88f7aa0d49.png

The font changes are so subtle, and they align more closely with the previously discussed/announced (Aug 2019) font changes. Changes in weather graphics are definitely a harbinger for something to come, but like mentioned before, they'll eventually be rolled out across the group and I don't think there's a need to list every switch until a more noticeable makeover of the overall graphics appears.

weather forecast – NBC Bay Area

NBC Bay Area News at 11 : KNTV : October 19, 2020 1:00am-2:00am PDT : Free  Borrow & Streaming : Internet Archive

NBC Bay Area Switched

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Reviving this thread because we've seen a number of NBC properties get updates, including MSNBC and the Today show, to name a few. As Olympics roll along in about 4 weeks, I feel like it would be interesting to ponder the possibility of updates once again. Disclaimer -- I don't know of an expert inside NBC nor do I claim to be first or breaking any new developments here, but I just wanted to share something different that I thought showed some signs of direction, for those who haven't seen it yet. 

Below is an example of what I mean:

This recent NBC Boston open is new with different shots, graphics, and an overall new style that more closely aligns with what we see on MSNBC. I don't know when they started them exactly, so anyone with details is free to share. I compressed the file to make it a quicker upload so apologies for the terrible AV quality. Note that the existing bug and L3 are still the same for the newscast themselves, so there's no real rollout yet. The SAM theme is still present overall, but just not necessarily used for opens.

Archived