NBC O&O Graphics (2016 Look N)

jb542

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, scrabbleship said:

I wonder if a graphical rebrand is on the horizon.

There will most likely be a new package next summer as NBC O&Os always get new graphics around the summer olympics.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:16 AM, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

WCAU has new opening teaser graphics that aren't anything like what WMAQ rolled out this summer:

WNBC now using the same opening teaser graphics as CAU & MAQ. Noticed it within the last month.

On 12/11/2019 at 1:05 AM, 24994J said:

Here's a quick wrap-up of the website rollout. Everybody has the new design, except the Chicago properties.

Done.

Recently, the Chicago properties had recently switch to the new design. 

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/meet-the-new-nbcchicago-com/2186376/

• 2 months later...

Also my source at NBC Arthouse just told me about the new graphics "NECN Was just the start, the NECN package won't be the new look coming this Summer. But , we have a huge surprise. The recent font refresh was just a tease. Also the new animated real weather icons was just a refresh. There will be new weather icons and new flatter graphics coming soon for the NBC O&O's" And then he told me to look at this website

https://thisiselevation.com/necn

And told to note " With only about a month and a half to do this, we began by examining a look started by Arthouse, the "NBC owned stations graphics hub" located in Dallas, borrowing their notes on tone and color. "

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JacobC said:

NBC O&O stations need a better graphics package with a clean and improve font and chyron   

They will most likely be launching a new look this summer before the Tokyo Olympics and they've done since 2012.

That lower third has been use by a few other O&Os for specials. Like here in Miami they use it for 2 community programs that air on Sunday mornings and several weather specials they produce throughout the year. It does resemble a bit of their NECN look. 

8 hours ago, SFTV said:

With the Olympics now being postponed, I’m guessing the graphics will be pushed back as well.

Hard to tell. I think they'd still roll it out this summer, so they can stay on the rollout schedule. But, who knows what their staffing situation is like now because of COVID-19. I think that has more of a chance to push things back, if anything.

Maybe just a pushed back update. Maybe All the station will do a refresh roughjob like what NECN has, then that be a preview to perhaps a new graphics package, next year.

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, nbctlmdo&o said:

WNBC in New York started using the new graphics for the 10-Day Forecast. Are they the only ones doing the new graphics?

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 9.09.00 PM.png

From the WNBC thread, these are special new weather graphics for WNBC, pushed by their weather producer.

This is still part of Look N, so let's please not speculate about "new graphics". I think this update probably means there were never plans for new graphics this year, like some believed.

2 hours ago, Weeters said:

From the WNBC thread, these are special new weather graphics for WNBC, pushed by their weather producer.

This is still part of Look N, so let's please not speculate about "new graphics". I think this update probably means there were never plans for new graphics this year, like some believed.

Yeah, I'm going to disagree with that. I have sources that say otherwise. They were supposed to push them during the Olympics, but that never happened. 

Archived