NBC O&O Graphics (2016 Look N)

jb542

I don't see where you're finding this pattern. Look C started rolling out well after the 2008 summer Olympics. Look E was supposed to roll out in late 2010, early 2011 until the Comcast takeover put the kibosh on it. Look F debuted in the fall of '11 as well as KXAS picking up Look G around that same timeframe. This is really their first every rollout that's coincided with the Olympics.
Actually, Look C started rolling out in juno of 2008 before the 2008 summer olympics began (though the rollout ended after the closing ceremony), and yes though Look E was supposed to rollout in late 2010-2011 (with some elements of it even being on the now defunct NBC Non-Stop subchannel) but only launched on KNSD, Look F started rolling out on December 2011 with KNBC alongside its current logo, but ended on about late Q1 2012 (which is about the same time that the 2012 olympics was starting to be talked about more) if I remember correctly. And as I said, the only 2 exceptions to the pattern I noticed were WNBC from 2008-2012 with Look D, which looks inspired by Look C, which is the same graphics package WNBC was supposed to have gotten and NBC 5 DFW from about fall 2011 to just a few weeks ago with Look G (2011-2013/14) and custom graphics based on Look F (2013/14-2016).

And, now that you mention it, the pattern of NBC Arthouse rolling out their graphics used on the vast majority (if not all of) the NBC O&Os on a leap/summer olympics year before they even start (and often, but not always ending before the opening ceremony) was unintentional until Look N, but seeing as how it still happened, I wonder if they decided to continue said pattern on purpose this time, because if they did, they should launch new graphics for the Tokyo Olympics.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt they're even thinking that far down in 2020. Look A and Look N are (or will be) the only Artworks graphics packages that all the NBC O&O's have used at the same time. Every other graphics package has always had one or more station not adopting it and using something else. So like WCAUTVNBC10 said, this will be the first launch coinciding with the olympics.

I doubt they're even thinking that far down in 2020. Look A and Look N are (or will be) the only Artworks graphics packages that all the NBC O&O's have used at the same time. Every other graphics package has always had one or more station not adopting it and using something else. So like WCAUTVNBC10 said, this will be the first launch coinciding with the olympics.
First launch coinciding with the olympics that was on purpose (technically Look F didn't coincide with the 2012 olympics seeing as how it started rolling out with KNBC and its now current logo) and with every single NBC O&O (even NBC 5 DFW) using it. I think maybe the reasoning is because they want to get more viewers in time for the olympics, or something like that, I don't know. And what about Look A? What does that graphics package look like?

Well WNBC never picked up Look A. They adopted the Artworks rendition of Look B when they went HD in 2006.

First launch coinciding with the olympics that was on purpose (technically Look F didn't coincide with the 2012 olympics seeing as how it started rolling out with KNBC and its now current logo) and with every single NBC O&O (even NBC 5 DFW) using it. I think maybe the reasoning is because they want to get more viewers in time for the olympics, or something like that, I don't know. And what about Look A? What does that graphics package look like?

NBC also had the Super Bowl in 2012 where they relaunched the NBC Sports brand and debuted NBCSN. If anything that's what they were coordinating the rollout of that package around. In fact WCAU debuted their original Look F on Super Bowl Sunday that year.

Also this is Look A:

LookAArtworks.png.15086397137b0a3a7fe93727cf9238cb.png

Well WNBC never picked up Look A. They adopted the Artworks rendition of Look B when they went HD in 2006.

NBC also had the Super Bowl in 2012 where they relaunched the NBC Sports brand and debuted NBCSN. If anything that's what they were coordinating the rollout of that package around. In fact WCAU debuted their original Look F on Super Bowl Sunday that year.

Also this is Look A:

Yep, Look F coincided more with the Super Bowl than the olympics. Look N, on the other hand, is the first Arthouse graphics to have been intentionally rolled out for the olympics as well as the first one to be used by every single NBC O&O (even NBC 5 DFW). And speaking on Look N, I'm assuming it's launching at KNBC's noon newscast today, but I could be wrong about that. And I figure that whatever station NBC Boston will be will launch its first newscast with Look N as well.

Also this is Look A:

You're right. My bad. And if i'm not mistaken, didn't KNTV skip Look A as well?

So Look B is the 2006 HD version of the WNBC graphics? I knew the 03 version is Pyburn so the 06 HD version is Arthouse and considered Look B? So are the attachments correct with the looks?

Novocom.jpg.3573cff2cfb3c93998943a29a95fea01.jpg

1113753754_LookA.jpg.0efa70e821b2140943b424ab4372ec6e.jpg

739219103_LookB.thumb.jpg.346f99fd24a5adc800d995428535ce4e.jpg

1727022961_LookC.thumb.jpg.e99b41b279224181f0343b5472613dd1.jpg

1262390210_LookD.thumb.jpg.d641f9e3abfaf24176b05ec0f42b775a.jpg

431572216_LookE.jpg.aa58c6e9cd49264aa26f1a1b23a1b86a.jpg

863053244_LookF.thumb.jpg.df17e34eb90a78fc5e52447aceaddaf2.jpg

172692870_LookG.thumb.jpg.671e68d7ede61fec3e6e95e708020805.jpg

1959380310_LookN.thumb.jpg.33a843ba6f5d634d8559087369674ce6.jpg

So Look B is the 2006 HD version of the WNBC graphics? I knew the 03 version is Pyburn so the 06 HD version is Arthouse and considered Look B? So are the attachments correct with the looks?

Absolutely correct.

Yup. Little bonus trivia, the Novocom and Pyburn looks were also called Look A and B respectively. Also the original Telemundo O&O look that Nextar picked up is called Look T.

Look G was also supposed to be an evolution of Look E.

And if whatever NBC Boston will be comes to fruition (which at this point, it most likely will), they'll have Look N as well. I wanted to get that out there.

Everyone is well aware.

With all the current stations that have the graphics now, let's see who uses the 10 day forecasts.

KNBC (7 day [seven zone] during and at the end)

KNSD (7 day [Four zone])

KNTV (7 day [Two zone])

KXAS (10 day)

WCAU (7 day [Zone by zone] during weather, 10 day at the end)

WMAQ (7 day)

WNBC (10 day)

WRC (10 day)

WTVJ (7 day)

WVIT (7 day [Two zone])

Archived