NBC O&O Graphics (2016 Look N)

jb542

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicago and New York are the only voiceless opens. I'm giving WMAQ a pass, though, because...

1. the opens are so short, a VO can be screwed up too easily and run long/get cut off,
  2. I never thought Ed Hopkins' voice meshed well with the O&O theme, and
  3. unlike WNBC, at least WMAQ uses a theme in the open.

WCAU's was different from the rest. I like that.

Regarding WMAQ, am I the only one that hhhhaaatttteesss whatever cut of the NBC O&O package they use? Especially the morning one. It's more fitting of a morning lifestyle/cooking show. Frankly I don't think I like the whole package. Tries too hard to be chipper and upbeat and laid back. It's like a ripoff "Tower."

Regarding WMAQ, am I the only one that hhhhaaatttteesss whatever cut of the NBC O&O package they use? Especially the morning one. It's more fitting of a morning lifestyle/cooking show. Frankly I don't think I like the whole package. Tries too hard to be chipper and upbeat and laid back. It's like a ripoff "Tower."

Ripoff how? I see little to no similarities. Yes, I still hate the morning cut, but I actually this the main cut fits these Look N better than F, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I like it better with N than LA Groove.

KNSD's AM meteorologist mentioned to her FB Live viewers today to tune in on Monday for some big changes... So most likely they'll switch to Look N on Sunday.

KNSD's AM meteorologist mentioned to her FB Live viewers today to tune in on Monday for some big changes... So most likely they'll switch to Look N on Sunday.

And hopefully introduce some new studio effects like different lighting color schemes...

And hopefully introduce some new studio effects like different lighting color schemes...

I doubt it. They're pretty dead set on the blue lighting. The only change they made was lowering the shade to a lighter-ish blue than what they first used. They only use red for when they do a Breaking News cut-in--never during a newscast.

Here's WCAU's open:

I dont particularly like the open, its to short and generic (at least it has a VO), it doesn't tell you that its in philadelphia through the use of the word philadelphia or philadelphia imagery. But overall I like the graphics, especially when they use the liberty bell in a transition.

Ripoff how? I see little to no similarities. Yes, I still hate the morning cut, but I actually this the main cut fits these Look N better than F, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I like it better with N than LA Groove.

The orchestral feel to it and use of, what I think to be, actual chimes or a similar sounding instrument. Either way, the morning cut is sooo awful.

I dont particularly like the open, its to short and generic (at least it has a VO), it doesn't tell you that its in philadelphia through the use of the word philadelphia or philadelphia imagery. But overall I like the graphics, especially when they use the liberty bell in a transition.

It needs a Skyline in the open. SERIOUSLY. (10 needs to axe LA Groove. It fits better on KNBC. Not 'CAU.)

It needs a Skyline in the open. SERIOUSLY. (10 needs to axe LA Groove. It fits better on KNBC. Not 'CAU.)

I still like this NBC10 music:

I never watched (still don't) NBC10 much, but I always thought this was fitting for their newscast, and still hear this in my head when I think about NBC10.

I think they need to bring back the NBC O&O package from 360. That was a great theme! I agree that LA Groove does not fit on WCAU.

I still like this NBC10 music:

I never watched (still don't) NBC10 much, but I always thought this was fitting for their newscast, and still hear this in my head when I think about NBC10.

You're not the only one that heard that theme in their head. Very addicting. I wish they brig it back too. If MYCTYW can be 6's long serving theme, this could be 10's.

-- Matt

I think they need to bring back the NBC O&O package from 360. That was a great theme! I agree that LA Groove does not fit on WCAU.

At least they use the 360 theme for everything but the open and the close. I am also fond of the theme. (Throwback to the longest close ever for local news)

At least they use the 360 theme for everything but the open and the close. I am also fond of the theme. (Throwback to the longest close ever for local news)

Love this theme and this close!

Why would they use two themes? Pick one! I think it should be the 360 Theme. It is much more exciting and fits WCAU much better than stupid L.A. Groove. I am surprised more stations didn't pick it up. At most, 3 stations used it, but two of them dropped it. Unfortunate.

Archived