NBC O&O Graphics (2016 Look N)

jb542

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stumbled upon something on KNBC's Creative Services Vimeo page. I won't post it here for obvious reasons.

Yeah, I just saw it. Looks really good. I wonder if the various color schemes (morning, daytime, nighttime) will translate to full-screen graphics, and not just the studio imagery? I doubt they'll do anything to the lower thirds, though.

So, maybe there is a pattern. WNBC, WTVJ, and WVIT all got the new websites before switching to the new graphics. KXAS got theirs and switched to the new graphics. I just noticed WMAQ and WRC have the new websites as well. Maybe they'll be next. WCAU, KNBC, KNSD, and KNTV still have the old websites. Maybe its nothing but there seems to be a pattern.

WMAQ must've just switched this afternoon. Wasn't like that midday today. The 2012 overhaul debuted on a Wednesday, right?

Possibly. From what I have it looks like 2-28-12 which was a Tuesday. I was thinking they would switch in August. Either for the Olympics or for their 4pm expansion. They went with Look A in August 2005.

Yeah, I just saw it. Looks really good. I wonder if the various color schemes (morning, daytime, nighttime) will translate to full-screen graphics, and not just the studio imagery? I doubt they'll do anything to the lower thirds, though.

They modified lower thirds and everything else in the current look for Today in LA, so they could do it again?

So, maybe there is a pattern. WNBC, WTVJ, and WVIT all got the new websites before switching to the new graphics. KXAS got theirs and switched to the new graphics. I just noticed WMAQ and WRC have the new websites as well. Maybe they'll be next. WCAU, KNBC, KNSD, and KNTV still have the old websites. Maybe its nothing but there seems to be a pattern.

Hello. The latter four NBC O&Os still have old on-air graphics as well. Correct me if I am wrong.

After switching to the new website yesterday, WMAQ accidentally cued up the new ticker today. One would think they'll debut within days.

bandicam%202016-06-22%2017-03-42-353_zps1kr6byfz.png

Naturally, this happens as I'm getting ready to fly in to Chicago tonight.

So was it NBC's turn to decide whether or not KXAS would get the graphics? The last two times somebody said something about the other partial owners having a say in whether or not they would go with the O&O look. Also weird, I have never seen a station actually have the trademark TM on their slogan. It's neat that they were able to trademark "Texas Connects Us," but it sucks for everyone else in the state thinking of using it or coming up with it unawares.

About the graphics, I really wish they would stack the time and temp. That bug is so big with so much empty space it's unsettling.

About the graphics, I really wish they would stack the time and temp. That bug is so big with so much empty space it's unsettling.

They do put Dallas and Fort Worth forecasts on the bottom of the time/temp; it came back on during the weather segment on the 5pm today.

So was it NBC's turn to decide whether or not KXAS would get the graphics? The last two times somebody said something about the other partial owners having a say in whether or not they would go with the O&O look.

KXAS and KNSD are wholly owned by NBCU now and have been for a couple years now.

Archived