NBC O&O Graphics (2016 Look N)

jb542

I do prefer WNBC's time and temp setup. However, instead of the regionalized conditions, they could put a sponsor tag below the time and temp bug.

Please, no sponsors - too small market. During TINY, I could see them replace the weather with key traffic info such as backup times at the GWB, the tunnels, NJT, GSP, etc. Viewers would find that much more useful.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why exactly is the news anchor included in this "update"? All she does is say hi and bye. Weird.

The same thing happens here during the 8:55 update. The people that care about news are probably already gone and weather / traffic are probably high priorities for those viewers.

The "Always On" format is now live for the first time.

First Alert Traffic at the bottom and First Alert Weather on the right side.

It came up as commercials started and it reverts back when commercials are over.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention... new V/O. Let's dump Charlie Van Dyke and have Bob Tracey instead.

Great to hear that Bob made it back to a major station. Bob was their on again off again voiceover in the late 80s and early 90s and is based out of Broward County.

Great to hear that Bob made it back to a major station. Bob was their on again off again voiceover in the late 80s and early 90s and is based out of Broward County.

I haven't heard Bob Tracey since Tribune used him for WGN and KDAF. Good on TVJ for bringing him back.

Very underrated VO.

Here's WTVJ. They're awesome. Their open conveys power. Although I don't understand of having the date at the top, especially for their 11pm news? I also just realized these graphics are letterboxed, no more 4x3 safe zones. I've gotta say, that small upper third is incredibly annoying and crowds the screen, especially when it shows up out of nowhere. I've never been a fan of redundant story titling. "Breaking News" is clearly labeled in your L3's with all of the other information. Why does it need to be at the top too?

Here's WTVJ. They're awesome. Their open conveys power. Although I don't understand of having the date at the top, especially for their 11pm news? I also just realized these graphics are letterboxed, no more 4x3 safe zones. I've gotta say, that small upper third is incredibly annoying and crowds the screen, especially when it shows up out of nowhere. I've never been a fan of redundant story titling. "Breaking News" is clearly labeled in your L3's with all of the other information. Why does it need to be at the top too?

Glad they STILL got the custom theme ( NOT LA Groove!) and they brought back Bob Tracy to be back at the mike since the old Channel 4 News era before they got into their "Watch Our TeamWORK" Era.

I don't really see what's so great about this. To me, it looks really cluttered. It might work well on MSNBC, but here, it looks like too much (especially that graphic at the top). I think Look F looks/looked a lot more elegant compared to this.

Archived