NBC O&O Graphics (2016 Look N)

jb542

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's not WNBC, which leaves KNBC and WRC.

That said, I wonder if LA and Chicago will possibly hold onto version 2 of Look F for a little longer, since that update's only 2 years old and they're not debuting anything Monday.

Damn, that's trying way too hard. Too busy, and the top bar is so stupid. If they're going to do a rundown, then why not periodically insert it on the constant bar at the bottom?

I'm a bit puzzled about the white bar at the top of the screen.

Agreed. It's only about 3px high but it is so distracting. I also don't find the weather info on the bug to be that useful, most areas have the same weather conditions?

The white bar on the screen also displays information about the story's current topic: if an election story is playing, they'll have "DECISION 2016" on there.

...which kind of eliminates the purpose of having "DECISION 2016" on the bottom L3 as well, but didn't stop them from doing that anyway.

I'm going to agree - it's good, but I think they're trying a bit too hard here. It's not as sublime as Tegna's graphics, and not as elegant as Look F. I think they're trying to cram in more information since they have more real estate to work with, but more does not equal better. The top bar will drive me crazy when 10 implements it.

I LOVE the L3 though.. easily the best redone L3 in NYC.. The top bar needs to go its redundant... if you already have the topic at the bottom, why do it again for the top? Thats my only critique tbh

Agreed. It's only about 3px high but it is so distracting. I also don't find the weather info on the bug to be that useful, most areas have the same weather conditions?

I imagine the weather conditions bug was designed in mind for the affiliates that have significant variations in weather such as LA, SF and SD. I imagine NBC could probably get away with giving forecasts for NYC, Long Island, NJ and CT.

I wonder how the header bar looks for persons who have the overscan feature turned off on their TV's. I imagine some of it will be cut off.

Archived