Viacom/CBS?

TheRolyPoly

Viacom's been trying to flog a piece of Paramount for months.

Whatever happens, Viacom is almost certainly gone after Sumner dies, but I truly did not expect it to happen before then!

Whatever happens, I hope the new board does what it can to make New Viacom better. But I've a growing feeling that'll all will turn to sh¡t.

(...Meh, I wouldn't care anyway. Most of everything under Viacom has gone to sh¡t in some places anyway.)

At least most of everything owned by CBS is much more appealing.

Whatever happens, I hope the new board does what it can to make New Viacom better. But I've a growing feeling that'll all will turn to sh¡t.

(...Meh, I wouldn't care anyway. Most of everything under Viacom has gone to sh¡t in some places anyway.)

At least most of everything owned by CBS is much more appealing.

If anything, Les is going to do all he can to keep the CBS side relatively unaffected by the Viacom side. He knows what happened the last time they mixed (Nick was of zero help to CBS Saturday morning, the MTV Super Bowl XXXVIII halftime show, and the miracle of keeping MTV away from influencing CBS Radio). At this point, having Les just patiently wait the squabbles out and patiently get his shot at both companies is the best case scenario.

CBS and Viacom never really gelled. Hell, the core of Viacom (MTV, Nick, VH1, Comedy Central, et al.) barely even gelled with the Paramount Communications properties!

Also, Nick was of zero help to CBS's Saturday mornings because Saturday morning kids' TV was on the way out by then anyway, and they pointedly kept popular shows like SpongeBob and The Fairly OddParents off of CBS, in favor of B-list shows and aging hits.

If anything, Les is going to do all he can to keep the CBS side relatively unaffected by the Viacom side. [...]

At this point, having Les just patiently wait the squabbles out and patiently get his shot at both companies is the best case scenario.

Just to clarify, in my last post, I never meant to imply my thought that both New Viacom and CBS merging would be a great idea.

Although, your "best case scenario" of Les sitting idly by until the right time to get both under his wing does sound very interesting.

Just to clarify, in my last post, I never meant to imply my thought that both New Viacom and CBS merging would be a great idea.

Although, your "best case scenario" of Les sitting idly by until the right time to get both under his wing does sound very interesting.

Don't mind the man who always has his hand on the trigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=hsYB8gVSmBQ;t=51

Dont forget the who merging stuff! this could go in a lot of ways.

we could probably see more shows returning to this

OUTFRONT might return to CBS outdoor again

CBS Local (CBS O&Os) may end up using Viacom's content for exclusive entertainment news including talking with reporters from Entertainment Tonight and inside edition.

Showtime might end up showing big brother again.

Judge Judy will probably remain on CBS O&Os due to some CW stations by CBS O&Os showing it instead.

a lot of this stuff might not happen at all.

Judge Judy will probably remain on CBS O&Os due to some CW stations by CBS O&Os showing it instead.

And MTV will still not run any music videos.

CBS Local (CBS O&Os) may end up using Viacom's content for exclusive entertainment news including talking with reporters from Entertainment Tonight and inside edition.

Huh?

ET and Inside Edition are on the CBS side

Showtime is owned by CBS

Judge Judy is distributed by CBS.

I'm just wondering what'll happen to Epix if this re-merger actually happens. Most likely it'll be shuttered and the Paramount/MGM/Lionsgate movies will return to Showtime.

Showtime/The Movie Channel mostly plays movies you've probably never even heard of these days. Getting Paramount/MGM/Lionsgate rights back along with their current Weinstein and Touchstone rights would be a big help.

Plus, I can't imagine Epix's subscriber base isn't that good anyway.

Even if this re-merger happens, what would the new company be called, stay with CBS Corporation, bring back "Viacom" or choose a different name that's not worse than "TEGNA" or "Tronc".

they might do what Disney and ABC did. just be called CBS-Viacom or Eyemark.

Here's what will happen to the CBS production and distribution companies if a Viacom merger happened.

1. CBS Television Studios will be folded into the new Paramount Television, that folding will double the new PTV's production lineup.

2. CBS Television Distribution and Studios International will be renamed to Paramount Television Distribution, CTD's logo would be plastered by the PTV logo, on the CTD library (witch has shows from the old Paramount Television), and also on CTD's syndication programming such as Inside Edition, Entertainment Tonight, and Wheel of Fortune.

I think a merger with Time Warner and CBS makes more sense than a re-merger of Viacom and CBS given that both already own The CW and both CBS and Turner's Sports Divisions already jointly produce The NCAA Tournament and I think that merger makes much more sense than what The Viacom-CBS Merger would.

Or what about the O&Os (such as KCNC/Denver) go back to local branding (like NEWS4, etc.)? I rather see them go back to the strong local branding than using Viacom's content.

Or what about the O&Os (such as KCNC/Denver) go back to local branding (like NEWS4, etc.)? I rather see them go back to the strong local branding than using Viacom's content.

yeah I kinda made a mistake about the CBS stuff. i was actually trying to talk about Viacom's side of things not CBS. i was actually thinking Entertainment tonight would relate to MTV News and that MTV News would use CBS news. there was Nick News but it kinda fell apart since Linda Ellerbee retired just last year. CBS local would've been Viacom Local if they rebranded but that would be bad i think. and its weird to see MTV adding old Nick shows on the weekend when their station they already have it on the splat block on teen nick which includes gameshows that would often come on Nick GAS but got shut down for the N that became Teen Nick today.

• 2 weeks later...
"NEWS4" wasn't really local branding, it was something they slapped onto themselves to imitate their then-siblings in New York and Washington.

Or just to take a step back even further how about "News 4 Colorado"?

Archived