New Set Coming to KGO

MonkeyFighter

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks nice. It's a warmer, cozier version of KABC's set. That ABC7 table in the corner looks cool. I agree about the blue and grey not looking right in the graphics. I'll definitely miss the old look, which KGO pulled off so well.

http://abc7news.com/society/welcome-to-abc7s-new-home/1479806/

Looks like it finally debut! I wonder how much their On-Air Look compares to KABC down south lol. Looks nice though! :). Way to go KGO!

Wow, just saw a glimpse of their graphics, looks just like their sister in KABC I like that uniformed look. Ugh, I wish WABC had these. Oh well. Maybe in 2020 for WABC haha. But KGO and KABC look splendid, I love their consistency! :)

Here's a YouTube Video with the new open that debut at 11AM today for them:

To a certain extent, I don't think the desk is quite as large as we think. It almost seems like the cameras playing a few depth tricks. To me, it doesn't look hardly as big in the last angle of the overheard timelapse as it does in the 2-anchor shot. WABC's is the same way. Someone who better understands cameras might be able to explain better.

Its so clean. That package is what WABC should've went with... I still to this day don't know what the Graphic Designers at WABC were thinking. This Graphics Package is by far better suited for the ABC O&Os. Who designed these graphics?

Yeah, the set is great...BUT...nobody wants to speak on the fact that it looks like Dan Ashley is wearing a toupee?

Maybe they threw the toupee in with the set?

His hair really does look worse and worse by the month though.

Looking good at 4pm. The above ground vantage for the Bay Bridge shot works much better than the ground level one.

b8f2f4f317.png

Yes I agree. The rooftop cam is played out. It's rare that they use the Sutro Tower cam which I prefer as their backdrop

image.png

Yes I agree. The rooftop cam is played out. It's rare that they use the Sutro Tower cam which I prefer as their backdrop

The Sutro Tower camera has been fogged in since probably June. (I know, I live directly below Sutro and I'm beyond ready for summer.) There wouldn't be much to show beyond a blanket of gray, which doesn't make for good TV.

It looks like KNTV recently added a skycam somewhere in the Potrero Hill area and they've been getting some pretty nice skyline shots—fog-free—for their background displays from that perspective. I'm still waiting for the day when one of the stations here wises up and puts a camera on Treasure Island, pointing back at SF.

The Sutro Tower camera has been fogged in since probably June. (I know, I live directly below Sutro and I'm beyond ready for summer.) There wouldn't be much to show beyond a blanket of gray, which doesn't make for good TV.

It looks like KNTV recently added a skycam somewhere in the Potrero Hill area and they've been getting some pretty nice skyline shots—fog-free—for their background displays from that perspective. I'm still waiting for the day when one of the stations here wises up and puts a camera on Treasure Island, pointing back at SF.

I'm wondering what building in Potrero Hill it's on. I know KGO's bridge cam is on the building to the left after you get off the bridge.

KPIX uses a truck on Treasure Island sometimes for weather or closing shots on the weekends.

For KNTV, you would think their backdrop would be HD or 4K. The quality is horrible sometimes on their cams and the wind doesn't help when it shakes. They should take notes from KNSD and use a 4K live cam.

I wonder how much their water view property would go for if it was sold today...

Not sure how trust worthy Facebook comments are but one said it looked like the roof was upgraded to 1080i.

I'm wondering what building in Potrero Hill it's on. I know KGO's bridge cam is on the building to the left after you get off the bridge.

KPIX uses a truck on Treasure Island sometimes for weather or closing shots on the weekends.

For KNTV, you would think their backdrop would be HD or 4K. The quality is horrible sometimes on their cams and the wind doesn't help when it shakes. They should take notes from KNSD and use a 4K live cam.

KNSD doesn't use a 4k live cam. I think its an IP based HD camera located at Coasterra across from Shelter Island. The camera is so crappy, that they don't even take live shots for the 11pm news, instead they use a static picture. Unfortunately, some of these stations went all out with the high quality monitor backdrop, while forgetting to upgrade their live cams to compensate for those high resolution monitors.

I may be in the minority here, but I think KGO's set is by far better than KABC's.

Archived