New Set Coming to KGO

MonkeyFighter

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ooh! I'm intrigued!

From Liebermans blog....

Comments:

No exclusive "behind the scenes" tweets?

Does the new set have a homeless man sleeping in the Weather center????

Does the Sports area smell like urine?

Is there a lovely pink throne for my Natasha?

An extra large closet for Reggie?

.................................................................................................

Still don't understand why it takes it 2 weeks to built the set but it takes them 3 months to reveal it. A lot of stations are already in HD so it isn't like its a tech thing.

Pretty sure they are delayed due to the permitting issues and approvals needed by the City of San Francisco.

Final structural approvals, Final Electrical approvals....all need to be signed off by the inspectors.

And they don't give a crap about ABC's deadlines.

The only thing that happens in SF fast... is the panhandling...and the denial.

Still don't understand why it takes it 2 weeks to built the set but it takes them 3 months to reveal it. A lot of stations are already in HD so it isn't like its a tech thing.

A few weeks of tweaking, a bit of shot blocking, several rehearsals with all the talent take time. Likely they are also filming new promos which all take time. I imagine if the set is as high tech as they say it is there likely is going to be some additional training and hardware to get used to.

A few weeks of tweaking, a bit of shot blocking, several rehearsals with all the talent take time. Likely they are also filming new promos which all take time. I imagine if the set is as high tech as they say it is there likely is going to be some additional training and hardware to get used to.

That half scale moving cable car feature keeps running into the robotics, and transients keep leaving abandon shopping carts at the live desk.

(sorry...slo news day)

Pretty sure they are delayed due to the permitting issues and approvals needed by the City of San Francisco.

Final structural approvals, Final Electrical approvals....all need to be signed off by the inspectors.

And they don't give a crap about ABC's deadlines.

The only thing that happens in SF fast... is the panhandling...and the denial.

And in addition that the set does not pancake on the talent during the next BIG ONE.

Every morning, the city workers in the Tenderlioin not only have to hose down the sidewalks to get rid of the transient poop but have to make their way to the KGO set as well.

They also have to get more industrial fans from the creative services dept to blow Karl The Fog away from the studio.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Most sets are all cookie cutter and look the same.

Yellow and Brown with some hints of grey walls with LED stripes like KCBS has

3 horizontal monitors on the side of the studio and an anchor desk with 2 monitors in front similar to KDKA and WAGA.

I'm shooting its BDI or Devlin.

FX already marked its territory on KPIX and KRON.

'Bout damn time. I'd imagine the new graphics debut with it.

WX gfx already updated not long ago. It's the KABC route KGO will be going.

Music wise? Doubt they will update.

WX gfx already updated not long ago. It's the KABC route KGO will be going.

Music wise? Doubt they will update.

If that one video we stumbled upon is indeed an open, it appears that they're going to be using some kind of lame (possibly production) music for the morning open...unless that's already happening.

Everything debuted at 11. They're using a darker blue and gray color scheme, and I personally think it looks good, though some gold and yellow shows up in the open that's very out of place. The same cut of Eyewitness News remains. They're not showing the time and temp, and no social media tag on-screen, either. So of the old graphics' 16:9 wings have popped up on some B-roll, but everything else seems to be running smoothly. I'll have the open in a few minutes.

Based on the timelapse I don't care for the desks that much but otherwise it looks good.

I kind of wonder how the robotic camera cables will work with them coming out behind and bending towards the studio at the edge of the green screen.

So of the old graphics' 16:9 wings have popped up on some B-roll, but everything else seems to be running smoothly. I'll have the open in a few minutes.

Seems like the HD wings are often an after thought. I think in some cases the switcher handles it and adds them on. You can see the old style wings that were designed for Sinclair's previous graphics package occasionally on WBFF. The same goes for WBAL but there's wasn't designed to match anything just a generic blue background with WBAL text on the sides.

Archived