New Set Coming to KGO

MonkeyFighter

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Rich Lieberman of the 415 MEDIA REPORT says the new set will debut in July.

http://richliebermanreport.blogspot.com/2016/06/kpixcbs-biggie-transaction-summer-in.html

Hoping it's more WLS or KABC than what KTRK put together.

Like how the live shots are visible in the set on the WLS set, and that big screen is stunning on KABC.

http://richliebermanreport.blogspot.com/2016/06/kpixcbs-biggie-transaction-summer-in.html

Like how the live shots are visible in the set on the WLS set, and that big screen is stunning on KABC.

KGO's studio is very small. They should have gave that studio to KRON instead. Their second studio was large enough for a studio audience since it was the 7 Live Set.

KRON doesn't even use the whole studio. Such a waste. It could have been a "KABC" with the massive screen.

KTRK studio isn't that bad. I actually prefer theirs over WLS and KABC sets. I'm just waiting on WPVI and WTVD to get a set. Aren't there the last 2 ABC O&O who don't have a new set confirm yet?

KGO's studio is very small. They should have gave that studio to KRON instead. Their second studio was large enough for a studio audience since it was the 7 Live Set.

KRON doesn't even use the whole studio. Such a waste. It could have been a "KABC" with the massive screen.

KABC's studio is a massive 8,000 square feet. I don't think their set takes up a third of it.

• 1 month later...

Good. They need new graphics and new music. Do you think they will use EWN ng4 or perhaps commission ng5? They are supposed to debut their new set this month! Hopefully soon! Can't wait to see it.

Ugh, I'm Jealous! Wish WABC got those haha. KGO's graphics certainly would've been more fitting for New York but oh well... Guess us New Yorkers get the short end of the stick haha. Can't wait to see how they look though! Did the new graphics debut on KGO-TV yet?

If you search for KGO on Vimeo, there's what looks like the new open for ABC 7 Mornings.

Found the video. Looks like more of a promo but then again I could be wrong.

Monday is the new rumored launch date

http://richliebermanreport.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-new-kgo-tv-news-set-is-late-to-game.html?spref=tw

"The new set is still a secret, even among veteran KGO staffers, but supposedly will have a plethora of High-Def monitors; background computerized animation and a "SF-themed" wonder moniker I'm told will "knock your socks off."

And apparently it will be even later (might be close to setting a record on a temp set here...)

UPDATE: I was optimistic about next Monday--in fact, the new set debut will not occur next week. A broadcast source at KGO:

"It's at least a month out. I don't think there are problems just a lot more moving parts than they may have expected."

And apparently it will be even later (might be close to setting a record on a temp set here...)

"

Lol looks like KGO will win the award and WAGA falls to second place for longest temp set.

Monday is the new rumored launch date

http://richliebermanreport.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-new-kgo-tv-news-set-is-late-to-game.html?spref=tw

"The new set is still a secret, even among veteran KGO staffers, but supposedly will have a plethora of High-Def monitors; background computerized animation and a "SF-themed" wonder moniker I'm told will "knock your socks off."

Seriously they were planning to launch within a week when the set is still secret with veteran anchors and employees? That just doesn't sound right. But I will say if they did launch within a week the blooper real will be hilarious. Anchors not knowing where to stand and what camera to look at.

Don't ever trust what Rich Liebermann says.

And be sure to tell him he's wrong - he loves it!

Archived