KABC/ ABC 7

Breaking News

In that case, would anyone join in on the bandwagon of speeding drivers in LA just so you can be on Fox News? Because many Fox News viewers would love a good car chase at a rather absurd rate

WTF? I'm not even going to ask you to explain what this means because I'm not sure I even want to know anymore.

I think they would like to avoid moving a weekend anchor to weekdays especially if this newscast is a one year deal.

If it turns out to be long term, then they can reshuffle the current weeknight anchors (4/5/6/11 used to actually be like this):

3pm: Coleen Sullivan & Ellen Leyva

4pm: Marc Brown & Michelle Tuzee

5pm: David Ono & Ellen Leyva

6pm: Marc Brown & Michelle Tuzee

7pm: David Ono & Coleen Sullivan

11pm: Marc Brown & Michelle Tuzee

But I also agree that this is overkill and hope it doesn't last.

Exactly 2 hours each. That'd make too much sense.

WTF? I'm not even going to ask you to explain what this means because I'm not sure I even want to know anymore.
I said that because there's so much breaking news in LA involving car chases that someone could just go at least 100 mph just so they can be on Fox News.

So looking at the guides, they're burning off FABLife at 1:05am (after Nightline) for the remainder of the run (if anyone cares).
I don't think anyone will care considering that most people (even in the 2 megacities, 3 once Chicago becomes one) are sleeping by midnight.

In that case, would anyone join in on the bandwagon of speeding drivers in LA just so you can be on Fox News? Because many Fox News viewers would love a good car chase at a rather absurd rate

I will give you $100 for every minute of live helicopter TV news coverage you can muster of your pursuit.

One catch...

you are not allowed to hurt anyone,so make it one of those slo-speed chases that makes people come out of their homes to watch.

And you have to drive this car for me........

bail.jpg.cd2fce8e14e9ed027278b3892bc61672.jpg

I had to lurk into the LA forums just to see what this all means for us here in NY. A 3pm broadcast is really overkill I doubt it will last long that's just way too much news lol. It's as if everytime you tune into the channel the news is on, they have one at 11:00am and now a 3:00pm one? Come on, ABC couldn't come up with something more interesting? If anything KABC should produce a show kinda like what WNBC did in the past, Live at Five or maybe a lifestyle show that would've been a more viable option than a 3pm broadcast in my opinion. I really hope New York doesn't follow suit lol. After all New York, is Market 1 it's still a considerably smaller area than Los Angeles is so I doubt we need another newscast only because our area is so much smaller and dense compared to LA. But I still will pick KABC's presentation and quality over WABCs presentation. :).

• 2 months later...
Guest Former Member 207

My picture was acting up yesterday while flipping channels, but it looks like KABC is bringing back Who Wants to be a Millionaire on the daytime schedule. The season premiere is set for September 12th; I guess it'll be safe to assume that KDOC will also continue to carry Millionaire in addition.

Nah... The newscast was put in place to catch political dollars... It'll stay till after the election.

If they're keeping Rachael Ray at 1pm (sandwiched between The Chew at Noon & GH at 2pm), whereelse are they're going to put Millionaire in their daytime schedule?

By the way, I caught this earlier in the day. KABC is bringing on a new "weekend sports anchor and reporter"

...and she's 24...in market #2.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/kabc-hires-former-intern-as-sports-anchor/177145

I'd imagine they want to beef up their team with the Rams back in town, in addition to the 6 other teams among the 3 other biggest leagues, but if she is put on the desk, that would seem like quite the slap in the face to Curt Sandoval.

By the way, I caught this earlier in the day. KABC is bringing on a new "weekend sports anchor and reporter"

...and she's 24...in market #2.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/kabc-hires-former-intern-as-sports-anchor/177145

I'd imagine they want to beef up their team with the Rams back in town, in addition to the 6 other teams among the 3 other biggest leagues, but if she is put on the desk, that would seem like quite the slap in the face to Curt Sandoval.

She's gotta be extremely cheap... They'll develop her beyond the 2 years she spent in Tucson... She may stink for a while first though by top 10 standards.

• 2 weeks later...
Millionaire starts on KABC at 1 p.m. starting September 12th. They've been advertising it for weeks. Haven't seen any ads for when Rachel will be on.
Rachel Ray is off KABC and does not appear to be on any Los Angeles station after 9/9. Right This Minute is moving over from KCOP to KABC at 1:30 PM. Right This Minute and Millionaire also air at 1:07 & 1:37 am, respectively. Who Wants to be a Millionaire also airs on KDOC from 6-7 PM right before KABC's Eyewitness News on KDOC at 7 PM.

Guest Former Member 207
Rachel Ray is off KABC and does not appear to be on any Los Angeles station after 9/9. Right This Minute is moving over from KCOP to KABC at 1:30 PM. Right This Minute and Millionaire also air at 1:07 & 1:37 am, respectively. Who Wants to be a Millionaire also airs on KDOC from 6-7 PM right before KABC's Eyewitness News on KDOC at 7 PM.

I'm surprised her show didn't end up at least on KDOC.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived