José Diaz-Balart to anchor KVEA news for one week

Samantha

Pretty neat. FWIW, KVEA's 6pm anchors were all once at the network level. Vaqueiro was a correspondent for Al Rojo Vivo/Noticiero Telemundo and Candiani was anchor of the now defunct "Ocurrio Asi" as well as Noticiero Telemundo.

Pretty neat. FWIW, KVEA's 6pm anchors were all once at the network level. Vaqueiro was a correspondent for Al Rojo Vivo/Noticiero Telemundo and Candiani was anchor of the now defunct "Ocurrio Asi" as well as Noticiero Telemundo.

At one point in the 90s Candiani anchored for the short-lived Telenoticias cable network, which was originally part-owned by Telemundo.

There's a shortage of US-raised presenters for Spanish-language newscasts, which means that market is a little more fluid between network and local and also from abroad. KTAZ's main anchor team is two Mexicans, a meteorologist from Perú and a sports anchor who's done sports at various Spanish-language radio and TV stations. Their weekend sports anchor (who is fairly new) came to KTAZ from Argentina.

I smell a sweeps stunt. The press release makes it seem like once he's finished with KVEA's newscast he's going to run off and do Noticiero Telemundo immediately after, which barring breaking news is likely not going to happen.

This explains why Tamron Hall was covering his hour.

There's a shortage of US-raised presenters for Spanish-language newscasts, which means that market is a little more fluid between network and local and also from abroad. KTAZ's main anchor team is two Mexicans, a meteorologist from Perú and a sports anchor who's done sports at various Spanish-language radio and TV stations. Their weekend sports anchor (who is fairly new) came to KTAZ from Argentina.

Im curious how often do anchors and journalists switch from Spanish to English or vice versa? I'm thinking like a new job opportunity in either the same market or as they climb up the ladder. I could see it happening in LA and Miami where the Spanish language stations often outrank the English ones.

I smell a sweeps stunt. The press release makes it seem like once he's finished with KVEA's newscast he's going to run off and do Noticiero Telemundo immediately after, which barring breaking news is likely not going to happen.

Im curious how often do anchors and journalists switch from Spanish to English or vice versa? I'm thinking like a new job opportunity in either the same market or as they climb up the ladder. I could see it happening in LA and Miami where the Spanish language stations often outrank the English ones.

Francella Perez just went from MundoFOX LA to KUSI doing WX. Her first few weeks in English at KUSI were rough. It's like she wanted to default back to Spanish.

She has it under control now...it's all smooth and good.

When KNSD was running Mitv Spanish) newscast . The anchorette also did reporting on KNSD and she was really rough...never got any better in English.

Most people that are fluent in many languages say the public speaking part, it's really all in the brain.

Some can do it easily...some can't.

Wouldn't he be doing the network newscast first (since that would be 3:30 PT), and then do the local KVEA show?

Wouldn't he be doing the network newscast first (since that would be 3:30 PT), and then do the local KVEA show?

Yes. I was just stating that the press release made it seem he was doing the shows back to back.

Archived