Ft. Wayne affiliation switches: WPTA and WISE

TheRolyPoly

WPTA has announced new newscast times. "Weekend a.m. newscasts will launch on Nov. 12. Saturday morning news airs from 6-8 a.m. and Sunday morning, we are on from 6-7 a.m. and again from 8-9 a.m. Anchor announcement will be forthcoming. The 4:30 a.m. Weekday broadcast begins on Tuesday, Nov. 8." They've also said Fort Wayne's NBC will air weekday newscasts from 5-7 a.m., 5-5:30 p.m., 6-6:30 p.m., 11-11:35 p.m. ... and weekend news from 6-6:30 p.m. and 11-11:30 p.m. That's a lot more news for a market like Fort Wayne.

I just realized that this also means the end of the 6a-7a TV simulcast of WOWO 1190's rolling news block on the soon-to-be former NBC33. (Unless Ryan Wrecker can get another arrangement elsewhere...)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just realized that this also means the end of the 6a-7a TV simulcast of WOWO 1190's rolling news block on the soon-to-be former NBC33. (Unless Ryan Wrecker can get another arrangement elsewhere...)

I thought I read somewhere that the WOWO simulcast is moving to 21.3 (MyNet).

Matt Leach showed off the new set Live on Facebook tonight. Apparently there is a new newsroom and control room as well. It is set to debut Monday at Noon.

Yep, two new control rooms, two studios (he only showed ABC, NBC will be unveiled next week), and a large newsroom for the combined ABC and NBC staff. It's a huge upgrade for such a small market size. I'm impressed.

Archived