Ft. Wayne affiliation switches: WPTA and WISE

TheRolyPoly

In case anyone's curious, my TV guide still shows "NBC 33 News" even after the affiliate switch (on 21.2). It would seriously just add more confusion if they don't switch the name, but they must be waiting on the new studio to debut the change.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

21.2 - NBC33 is currently airing promos that show the new logo. (Edited: I can't take direct screen caps but I did capture this with my cell phone.)

[GALLERY=media, 930]20160806_060005 by Devon posted Aug 6, 2016 at 9:34 AM[/GALLERY]

21.2 - NBC33 is currently airing promos that show the new logo. (Edited: I can't take direct screen caps but I did capture this with my cell phone.)

[GALLERY=media, 930]20160806_060005 by Devon posted Aug 6, 2016 at 9:34 AM[/GALLERY]

I think they've actually been using that logo since the switch other than during newscasts. Funny you posted this--I just saw the promo last night. ABC 21 Alive hasn't been doing any promotion for the fall.

Also, I really hope this isn't the case, but I believe NBC Ft. Wayne is getting the same studio as CBS in Duluth.

[GALLERY=media, 932]CBS Duluth Anchor Desk by Gdpweatherman posted Aug 6, 2016 at 8:51 AM[/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 931]Image by Gdpweatherman posted Aug 6, 2016 at 8:48 AM[/GALLERY]

I personally don't like the look--it looks outdated already!

I think they've actually been using that logo since the switch other than during newscasts. Funny you posted this--I just saw the promo last night. ABC 21 Alive hasn't been doing any promotion for the fall.

Also, I really hope this isn't the case, but I believe NBC Ft. Wayne is getting the same studio as CBS in Duluth.

[GALLERY=media, 932]CBS Duluth Anchor Desk by Gdpweatherman posted Aug 6, 2016 at 8:51 AM[/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 931]Image by Gdpweatherman posted Aug 6, 2016 at 8:48 AM[/GALLERY]

I personally don't like the look--it looks outdated already!

Looks like an atomic bomb going off inside that desk.

The NBC peacock feather as an apostrophe is... well... interesting.

Can we all take a moment to salute 21 Alive on mimicking the former CBS O&O open for like a second or two?? lol

-- Matt

This is what happens when you take parts of the CBS and NBC O&O looks and make them into its own package. You get what WPTA put together.

Can we all take a moment to salute 21 Alive on mimicking the former CBS O&O open for like a second or two?? lol

-- Matt

This looks like a million bucks. ESPECIALLY for a (now former) Granite station.

And then you look at how badly WKBW deteriorated from 2008 to 2014...

This looks like a million bucks. ESPECIALLY for a (now former) Granite station.

And then you look at how badly WKBW deteriorated from 2008 to 2014...

The graphics aren't bad, but that studio is just plain sad. An anchor desk, a couple TVs...and that's it. The new studio can't come soon enough.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Another bland Quincy logo, too. I can see why "21 Alive" was ditched, but... Quincy can't make a decent, non-generic logo of late.

The only logo that stood out to me through all these Quincy changes was the WEEK's 25 logo. And only because it looked similar to the WKOW/WREX logos. Other than that, Quincy isn't any different than Nexstar in "recycling" blandish logos.

I'm also surprise that the station decided to go super-generic and use the "ABC 21" branding, instead of using one of their other similar brandings used by its sister stations ("21 News" or "WPTA News" (which I thought they were going to use that)). I understand that the "Alive" branding is extremely outdated in today's time. But the "21 Alive" brand still has some resonance with viewers in Northeast Indiana, the same way as "Action News" in Binghamton. If WXIA can still use 11 Alive, why can't WPTA keep it? I can care less how long they've used it.

You do have to give kudos to Quincy for pouring in the dough to modernize the acquired stations (something it's previous owner did not do). But i'm not thrilled of stripping legacy brandings away from its stations in the process. I guess they probably cared less about them.

How long have WAOW used the "Newsline 9" branding? Surprised they haven't stripped that too.

The only logo that stood out to me through all these Quincy changes was the WEEK's 25 logo. And only because it looked similar to the WKOW/WREX logos. Other than that, Quincy isn't any different than Nexstar in "recycling" blandish logos.

I'm also surprise that the station decided to go super-generic and use the "ABC 21" branding, instead of using one of their other similar brandings used by its sister stations ("21 News" or "WPTA News" (which I thought they were going to use that)). I understand that the "Alive" branding is extremely outdated in today's time. But the "21 Alive" brand still has some resonance with viewers in Northeast Indiana, the same way as "Action News" in Binghamton. If WXIA can still use 11 Alive, why can't WPTA keep it? I can care less how long they've used it.

Branding cost money, stations are cutting back on expensive branding.

Now I would never (again) pay for sex...and never pay for "Alive" branding in 2016. It's akin to having a lime green row house in Baltimore...while all the others are painted red. (shout out!)

The worst part about the Alive branding is you cannot use people over 35 in the promos....you run the risk of them feeling "old"...not "Alive".

The worst part about the Alive branding is you cannot use people over 35 in the promos....you run the risk of them feeling "old"...not "Alive".

So, 21 Barely ALIVE then?

Archived