KCBS/KCAL to get new set.

CtrlAltDelete

Hi everyone, so ever since Monday I have noticed 'CBS 2 News This Morning' broadcasting from KCAL 9's studio. A little before this when KABC got a new set, I told Evelyn Taft through Periscope that they were one of the two that have old sets now she replied. "Hmmm, that could be changing soon!" Also just yesterday got a graphics update.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CBS 2 News at 11 is in the newsroom tonight... Can't wait to see this new set. So tired of this current set. How long has it's been in use? I feel like it's been FOREVER!

KCBS and KCAL have had those sets since 2007 when they moved to Studio City, so about nine years now.

Let's all look back and remember that wonderful day when we thought their set was going to fall apart, but, in fact, their light fixtures merely played tricks on us. Good times.

If they are just using KCAL's set forever now since they don't want to use Studio 1 right now and that sticks. I'm going to be so mad.

I don't think that's the case, they were in the Newsroom last night for the 11PM news. They looked cramped...

I don't think that's the case, they were in the Newsroom last night for the 11PM news. They looked cramped...

They have been like that before when they had their set. Even though they might be getting a new set why doesnt CBS 2 at 11 use KCAL 9's studio as well?

They have been like that before when they had their set. Even though they might be getting a new set why doesnt CBS 2 at 11 use KCAL 9's studio as well?

Probably too tight of a turnaround between the KCAL 10pm and KCBS 11pm.

• 1 month later...

Well, it looks like a white circular thing under the desk, with light hardwood floors. Probably going to debut very soon if the final touches are unwrapping a very nice chair. Exciting!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It seems smaller than the last set, no? That said, I really like it, though I'm not sold on the deskfront, if it's just a panel graphic and not a screen. Kind if a tacky image if it's a still.

Wow, it looks great.

I do agree with J on the deskfront; it's a little tacky, especially with the social media handle and logos on the right side. And the station logo pops a bit too much for me to enjoy. If it was a video-screen deskfront, that'd be much better.

Other than that, I really like what I see so far.

Archived