CBS O&O changes

C Block

So when do we think the new graphics come, tomorrow since it's the new books for ratings for June? I know I can't wait when KDKA gets theirs and the others!

June is not a traditional ratings month.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So when do we think the new graphics come, tomorrow since it's the new books for ratings for June? I know I can't wait when KDKA gets theirs and the others!

Hopefully this week? No updates yet here at KPIX

• 2 weeks later...
I watched KDKA last night at 4, 5, 6 and 11 no changes. But I'm still enjoying their top knock set.

I did too, and I'm actually not looking forward to this graphic update.

I think when KDKA gets these graphics, they should use the new disc and use stunning aerial views of Pittsburgh using a drone or something. Maybe hire a pholographer to do it.

I was watching CBS 13's videos at kovr.com and noticed they didn't have the CBS 13 bug on the screen until I guess it was today, and are still using their old white and blue Hugh's. I guess they won't be changing their big to the new gold?

KOVR updated. Still waiting on KPIX

Yeah

Haven't seen too much on the video section of cbsphilly.com, but notice that the 3 is still their OWN old color and could be bigger (but then again that just might be me.) We will see what happens later today or the week on KDKA but they tend to be the very LAST station to debut things... Oh wait, that would be WJZ

Nothing on WFOR's end and I don't expect them to switch anytime soon considering that WFOR has always been one of CBS' laughable "gas bags" that continue to languish in the ratings. (literary when your in 8th place, behind the English-language WSVN, WPLG, WTVJ and Spanish-language WSCV, WLTV, WJAN and even WGEN! WGEN for god sakes! Yes CBS primetime is good around here, but is not translatable into WFOR's newscasts. Its the reason why they haven't expanded to 4:00pm for so long and will never do so.)

Haven't seen too much on the video section of cbsphilly.com, but notice that the 3 is still their OWN old color and could be bigger (but then again that just might be me.) We will see what happens later today or the week on KDKA but they tend to be the very LAST station to debut things... Oh wait, that would be WJZ

The package debuted on the noon newscast so you probably won't see much else til later. They are using the same bug from the old package though.

I was watching CBS 13's videos at kovr.com and noticed they didn't have the CBS 13 bug on the screen until I guess it was today, and are still using their old white and blue Hugh's. I guess they won't be changing their big to the new gold?

It could also be the way the feed is set up. KSWB would stream without the FOX 5 bug so if you're watching on TV you can see the bug with the time and temp and via laptop it won't have the bug.

FOX 11 LA news videos on its app only records a clean version of their reports with no lower thirds or bug.

Both things are true. Except that WJZ is still stuck in the 90s in terms of their set. KD will get this update in no time. They'll probably be one of the last ones to get the update, but eventually they will.

As of now at 359pm no changes in KD country. I'm sure the wizards at KD will hold off as long as they can. Most of time KD flips at noon or 5.

I've got a question. Are stations letterboxing their newscasts on the SD feed with this graphic update? Because if they are, that seems like it might be trouble for KDKA...

Both things are true. Except that WJZ is still stuck in the 90s in terms of their set. KD will get this update in no time. They'll probably be one of the last ones to get the update, but eventually they will.

WJZ is stuck in the 90s in terms of graphics too... I understand that stations want to stand out and be a little unique in presentation, but man those graphics are HIDEOUS... They need to update ASAP

Archived