CBS O&O changes

C Block

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the Enforcer update...

This cut has an Enforcer v2 (?) feel to it. I'll post a link as an example when I find it, but look up WBTV's 2009-2015 open (the pre-CBS Local era) to get a sense of what I mean.

Its modified NG 2 at 11PM and the rest of our opens are Gari News Enforcer Metropolis just the end of it. Im glad the majority of you guys like the new updates. We are stripping the new set for a new one but I will not leak photos as much as I want to because the new set design is gorgeous we tried to focus it on Southern California which is the home we love.

The new L3's are nice and so are the new title cards (Breaking, Developing, etc.) although we are still thinking about making a separate L3 for Breaking news with it being Red. Just to tell you these graphics will be heading over to WCNC, KOVR, KPIX, and WCCO today. I don't know when they will start using them. (WCNC requested these graphics.)

Its modified NG 2 at 11PM and the rest of our opens are Gari News Enforcer Metropolis just the end of it. Im glad the majority of you guys like the new updates. We are stripping the new set for a new one but I will not leak photos as much as I want to because the new set design is gorgeous we tried to focus it on Southern California which is the home we love.

I've been talking with Ed Cushing over at KCNC and told him that I found the level of detail underwhelming. I was told that Peter and Bruce consulted Rey Rodriguez over at Linear Drift, however this feels far too similar to the KABC 2012 package from Hothaus for comfort. That said, I'm working on a new package myself and I'll try to share it with you and Ed and get your feedback.

Also, I don't know if you knew, but Metropolis (formerly Soul of the City) was originally created for NBC who decided to pick-up the NBC O&O package from 360. They removed the NBC hook and added the Enforcer hook for CBS.

Can you share who the designer of the new set is? Are you working with BDI like Ed did?

The new L3's are nice and so are the new title cards (Breaking, Developing, etc.) although we are still thinking about making a separate L3 for Breaking news with it being Red. Just to tell you these graphics will be heading over to WCNC, KOVR, KPIX, and WCCO today. I don't know when they will start using them. (WCNC requested these graphics.)

WCNC is an NBC affiliate owned by Tegna. You mean KCNC, which, again, is my market CBS O&O. We're finally going to get some music alignment.

I've been talking with Ed Cushing over at KCNC and told him that I found the level of detail underwhelming. I was told that Peter and Bruce consulted Rey Rodriguez over at Linear Drift, however this feels far too similar to the KABC 2012 package from Hothaus for comfort. That said, I'm working on a new package myself and I'll try to share it with you and Ed and get your feedback.

Also, I don't know if you knew, but Metropolis (formerly Soul of the City) was originally created for NBC who decided to pick-up the NBC O&O package from 360. They removed the NBC hook and added the Enforcer hook for CBS.

Can you share who the designer of the new set is? Are you working with BDI like Ed did?

WCNC is an NBC affiliate owned by Tegna. You mean KCNC, which, again, is my market CBS O&O. We're finally going to get some music alignment.

I'm sorry I meant WNCN. Right now no I can't say anything about the set but it's more modern with more technology, these upcoming months we are also going to try and use augmented reality with our traffic and weather.

You can share it with me, we like feedback even though we don't get it much.

I think he meant WNCN. Which became a CBS Affiliate a few months ago.

I never heard that ng2 cut before. I really like it. I think these opens will look nice on KDKA. They should get some wide shots of the city. I think they will fit Pittsburgh well.

Yeah, but they're not an O&O. It's KCNC,

Also KCNC isn't getting it until tomorrow but still we aren't mandated to use it yet. They are also talking about WJZ switching to this O&O or the previous one before this which is the one centered around the eye.

What's that?

That the WJZ will dump Chroma Cues and switch to O&O look. Leave Chroma Cues, the anklepants "13" font and Eyewitness News brand alone. Update the graphics and set is ok with me.

Archived