CBS O&O changes

C Block

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This has a better chance of happening first before JZ gets a new......ANYTHING.....[ATTACH=full]2996[/ATTACH]

As long as K.C. Robertson is still the CSD, expect WJZ to be the norm (in terms of graphics and music).

Hell freezing over. It's an old saying (and we're not talking about a town in Michigan which goes by that name).

I was being facetious. I'm aware of the Hell frozen over reference.

Hell freezing over. It's an old saying (and we're not talking about a town in Michigan which goes by that name).

Said town lies in the market of the red-headed stepchild of the CBS O&O's. Mercifully they also get WLNS on cable and off-air so they can have access to an actual CBS station and not a mere pass-through.

Said town lies in the market of the red-headed stepchild of the CBS O&O's. Mercifully they also get WLNS on cable and off-air so they can have access to an actual CBS station and not a mere pass-through.
It also lies in the market of 2 flagship stations (4 if you count WNUV and WUTB) of 2 station groups.

Who designed WJZ's current set? I think there as atleast another iteration of it out there - I want to say WCCO?

Figured were discussing changes that this would be a quick place to get an answer rather than a request thread.

Who designed WJZ's current set? I think there as atleast another iteration of it out there - I want to say WCCO?

Figured were discussing changes that this would be a quick place to get an answer rather than a request thread.

WBZ/Boston did. About 20 years ago.

lapierre.jpg

I believe it was a firm called pencilogic. They designed KMGH's 1998 set, which was pretty similar to WJZ's set, just with a mountain lodge feel:

14510483890_2739a7d0c9_o.jpg

If my memory is correct, pencilogic was based in Denver, as they did a lot of Denver sets — KWGN's 2000 multiset, KCNC's faux-control room mountain set, and the mini weather, news, and tech sets in KUSA's newsroom. A mirror of their old website here has a client list which shows, among others, WJZ, WBZ, WBBM, and KPIX. I'm pretty sure WCCO's late 90s/early 2000s set was a Devlin creation, though seeing that pencilogic and Devlin were based in the same state, and many pencilogic clients went on to beome Devlin clients, there's probably some sort of connection there.

It looks like WDJT is taking 2.0 of the graphics, though it differs in some ways; the yellow accent line is to the left of the "58" logo at all times, it's still lined up for 4:3, and they seem to be in a finessing period right now; the ticker and time/temp is in Tahoma as it has been for the first couple weeks WDJT has their new graphics (and it's the first time they've had a ticker in a couple years since they got the 1.0 version). The afternoon block went L3'less so I couldn't really see most of the package as it should be.

It looks like WDJT is taking 2.0 of the graphics, though it differs in some ways; the yellow accent line is to the left of the "58" logo at all times, it's still lined up for 4:3, and they seem to be in a finessing period right now; the ticker and time/temp is in Tahoma as it has been for the first couple weeks WDJT has their new graphics (and it's the first time they've had a ticker in a couple years since they got the 1.0 version). The afternoon block went L3'less so I couldn't really see most of the package as it should be.

Also noticed their weather graphics are different than before too.. They have actual banners again without the hideous compass/radar thing swirling in the corner...

Sorry for bumping this up, but...

this is Seymour but it's most likely since all the stations there are O&O stations, and KCBS/KCAL are moving there tower a little more up north, because of their new Doppler radar systems. So yeah I guess they are buying it.

Only KSND is an O&O. KFMB, XETV, KSWB, etc. are all affiliates. And while KFMB's radio sisters were de facto merged into Local Media San Diego's three Tijuana FMs, they were never sold and are still owned/operated by Midwest TV.

KCBS-KCAL's tower relocation should have no bearing on what happens in San Diego.

Sorry for bumping this thread but, I heard from earlier into this thread that the rest of the CBS O&Os will launch the new graphics this September, more than likely after the Grammys, but are there any that'll launch them earlier than that?

Sorry for bumping this thread but, I heard from earlier into this thread that the rest of the CBS O&Os will launch the new graphics this September, more than likely after the Grammys, but are there any that'll launch them earlier than that?

The Grammys were back in February, and I don't know of any other award shows that would air on CBS around that time you are thinking of.

Archived