CBS O&O changes

C Block

KPIX in the Bay Area has finally updated its on air bug to mirror other CBS O&Os like KYW, WCBS, etc. It's a nice change but they've only rolled it out to the bug so far as I watch the 6:00PM news. They've held on to their old Westinghouse "5"

[GALLERY=media, 1063]Screen Shot 2018-04-04 At 5.40.56 PM by timc514 posted Apr 5, 2018 at 1:17 AM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 1064]Screen Shot 2018-04-04 At 6.11.20 PM by timc514 posted Apr 5, 2018 at 1:17 AM[/GALLERY]

We reported this and found out the bug debuted on their 5 pm. Honestly, I think I do like the Gold numbers but I hope there is still stations that are unique with their logos.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't intended, but it's a little throwback.

KPIX had a yellow / orange 5 starting in 1984 (gradient from yellow to orange) when they went to the italic version of the logo. My favorite treatment.

http://static.peabodyawards.com/user_images/Kpix36.png

Then went to a more yellow 5 in the early 90s when the news director from KGO came over and did a ripoff of the capital cities / ABC design group chrome / city name / globe look.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/annex/images/a/ad/ScreenHunter_29487_Nov._12_11.22.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/175?cb=20161112163224

And in 1996 they left the yellow and went to the distorted Westinghouse 5 in lavender tones.

• 3 weeks later...

Non O&O station: WNEM, received the graphics package, although incomplete without Gotham. Calibri just can not stay.. It also seems that there’s is half tendered and hey removed the gloss and reflective particles to it. The transition animations don’t transition to another topic/roll either, instead it fades very quickly when exiting the screen.

Archived