CBS O&O changes

C Block

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WCCO easily has the best open out of ALL of the CBS O&Os. Why don't more stations use studio shots like that for intros?

I agree. I'll trade KPIX's recycled B-Roll shots for a studio open with their "Expect Original Reporting, Only on KPIX 5" promo angle shot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm surprised they don't put the CW logo in the open, or change the text from "KDKA-TV Pittsburgh" to "WPCW Jeanette".
i was suprised also, but it is looking like a trend, my hometown in Norfolk VA does the same thing. WGNT and WVBT are looked at as afterthoughts.

• 2 months later...

Bumping because I wanted to share an opinion on these gfx.

They've really grown on me. Bold colors, clean graphics, clear typeface - it's pretty good. They do have problems (they need to make these 16:9), but it's better than the 2013 look by miles. (I did not like that look at all - Gotham Ultra Black for everything? Were they high?)

It's also probably the best look in my particular market. WPVI is an eyesore, Look N is nice but entirely too busy, and Fox's look is improved but nowhere near good enough.

Now, the other big problem is that these graphics are used on KYW, where the newscasts are shit.

• 1 month later...
Just came across these and thought I'd share. Looks like WCCO has a drone now.

[MEDIA=vimeo]210501111[/MEDIA]

Very nice. Any idea what the 10 in the center of the CBS eye means on their sign? Is it the temperature ?

Very nice. Any idea what the 10 in the center of the CBS eye means on their sign? Is it the temperature ?

I'm *guessing* it could probably mean the temperature. (Checked the NWS and the last time it was 10F it was on March 10.)

KDKA's Open Still looks better then WCCO's Open

I don't think anyone here is trying to make comparisons...

I was just looking on Instagram and checking out photos of WCCO. At first in some of the promotional shots I saw of the set I didn't really care for it. But seeing it and all the different areas made me really love it. I like how there's a little window in the sofa area of the main studio, like the satellite studio with the overhead monitor banner and the rooftop deck. It all comes together as a great looking setup.

• 1 year later...

314pagg.png 14dja0j.png hvszuc.png 2088oqo.png Looks like the new GM is slowly adding changes.

They are now using newer cuts and an updated close for the Noon, 5, 6, 11 and including the Weekend Morning and evening editions which I’m still trying to grow on.

The Weekday Morning Show is still using the 2013 update along with NG 2.

Now please update your 2013 mic flags, they are all water damaged with bubbles and lots of peeling and cracks.

I can dig it... looks good. I’ve always thought having the channel number in gold/yellow makes it makes it more visible and stand out on the screen better. It compliments the yellow swoosh line well in the lower left of the gfx.

KPIX in the Bay Area has finally updated its on air bug to mirror other CBS O&Os like KYW, WCBS, etc. It's a nice change but they've only rolled it out to the bug so far as I watch the 6:00PM news. They've held on to their old Westinghouse "5"

[GALLERY=media, 1063]Screen Shot 2018-04-04 At 5.40.56 PM by timc514 posted Apr 5, 2018 at 1:17 AM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 1064]Screen Shot 2018-04-04 At 6.11.20 PM by timc514 posted Apr 5, 2018 at 1:17 AM[/GALLERY]

Archived