CBS O&O changes

C Block

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there any reason why KPIX's 5 didn't go gold with the refresh/update?? It seems like they've been making the numbers gold that weren't... Most noticeably WBBM, WBZ & KTVT

Right?!

If KYW can drop the Westinghouse look, I don't see why KPIX can't update its 5 logo.

Then again it went downhill when they dropped the Eyewitness News moniker

They can keep the Westinghouse look, just make it golden... and while they're at it, switch the colors around for WFOR.. make the CBS logo silver and the 4 gold to match everyone else's

Can KDKA get their Westinghouse 2 back?

As of their noon newscast, KCNC now has the new graphics.

Going off the videos on their site, looks like there were some issues. It looks like they're still using the old bug, which covers up part of the subheader box in the lower third, and then the old lower thirds popped up in the politics package.

Looks like 'CCO is in the process of phasing them in.

[MEDIA=twitter]771052467937087490[/MEDIA]

And from a few days ago...

[MEDIA=twitter]769561480043823104[/MEDIA]

That's a pretty impressive fair setup. I take it they broadcast from the desk as well.

Just a pair of stills in the open? I wouldn't expect that from them.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure KCNC's open (at least the morning one I saw today) is made of stills of the last look's open — and the stills look like they're really poor quality. I guess KCNC figured since they use the full open so rarely, why even bother?

29333542421_eda2b6a289_c.jpg

I didn't realize that KOVR (Sacramento) received the graphics a few weeks ago.

th_IMG_0407.png

Is it me or hardly anyone playing Enforcer NG 5 at all? I know KCBS and WCBS had opens using them before switching back to NG4. WCBS uses the NG 5 on their bumpers,the Noon close, and the 5pm & 5:30pm cold opens.

Archived