CBS O&O changes

C Block

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here are a few of the WBBM opens. I don't like the edited theme cut in the evening opens, but the skyline imagery looks fantastic. Notice the old lower third that pops up in the morning video. (Also posted the WBBM thread.)

Morning Update/Rejoin:

5pm Open & Rejoin:

6pm Open:

10pm Open:

the 5, 6 and 10 is the same exact rushed cut KPIX uses now for the 6 and 11pm.

Also noticed KCBS dropped the updated theme for the 11pm and went back to the standard morning and 11am cut

Every CBS O&O will get it except WJZ and possibly WWJ.

They're just slow like sloths rolling out the graphics package.

Seems CBS has been slow rolling out their graphics packages since they first introduced their practice of using their standardized graphics and this is no exception.

Here are a few of the WBBM opens. I don't like the edited theme cut in the evening opens, but the skyline imagery looks fantastic. Notice the old lower third that pops up in the morning video. (Also posted the WBBM thread.)

Morning Update/Rejoin:

5pm Open & Rejoin:

6pm Open:

10pm Open:

They kept the animated bug that's similar to the one when they had the HOTHAUS GFX.

That's all fine & dandy.. They can keep their iconic 13 (heaven forbid if it went to a basic 13 -- Baltimore riots Part 2) and keep their music.. But those graphics HAVE GOT TO GO.. PERIOD. If I were living in Baltimore, they would be the last station I'd watch just based on that alone. Time to get their heads out of their asses and join the 21st century.

They may have to give up that "13" and may use the "13" that's in the same font as KYW's or use the 13 that KOVR uses....

Every CBS O&O will get it except WJZ and possibly WWJ.

They're just slow like sloths rolling out the graphics package.

WJZ would get them if their GM left, he doesn't like change.People think CBS isn't putting money into WJZ but they are. Someone thinks that changing something built in the 90s will lose viewers.

I recorded KTVT's new look in the spring 2004 after they dropped The Eye of Texas theme and their logo from 1999-04. I uploaded that montage you put up on that page. But KTVT was not alone, KEYE did the same thing in 2005.

For some reason, KCBS is no longer using the updated cut of Enforcer. The new cut debuted with the updated graphics, just a few months ago

April 2016:

July 2016

For some reason, KCBS is no longer using the updated cut of Enforcer. The new cut debuted with the updated graphics, just a few months ago

April 2016:

July 2016

I personally don't like the new version I like the one they used in the July 16th video I forget the name...

April 2016:

July 2016

It seems like KCBS never wants to let go of that cut used in the tease.

They never use the new theme except for the open.

The bumpers and closing theme is the same used in the tease.

I was bummed when KPIX dropped "KCBS tease" for the new theme on the 6:30 pm rejoiner when they got the graphics update. It's rare to hear it on KPIX now a days.

First off..is WJZ making money for CBS. Yes! Gobs hand over fist types of money for them.

Are we frustrated by WJZs lack of wanting to change. A lot of us probably are in that boat as well. But its a situation where if the station is making money and very much at a market leader status that they can get away with doing certain things. I mean outside of whom..KDKA and WCCO..CBS as a station group doesn't have a lot of #1s. Not only that, but graphics and music do not cost a television station tons of money. In fact maybe only a small percentage of the stations budget is for graphics and sets and music and WJZ can probably justify them not using standard stuff because of the revenue that they do draw in.

WBAL (in my opinion) the best shop in the market; however WBAL, WMAR and WBFF all have gotten on the bandwagon with company mandates music packages, sets etc. I'm no fan of mandates, because I feel a television stations should have it own identity instead of the corporate cookie cutter look. However, there's a few companies who mandates are really nice. CBS has a really nice mandate, and WBAL does challenge WJZ in the ratings, and for WBAL I would say continue the good work. If Scripps could throw some money at WMAR I would invest in some more manpower would be great. With Sinclair, being right in their backyard WBFF does really well.

It all nice and great, but it 2016 almost 2017, and it's time for WJZ to grab it grown man pants and stop worrying about your 1998 graphics and set will drive viewers away to the competition. Your current look should drive viewers away completely. The content of your newscast is what keeps your audience watching along with the different ingredients such as the personalities, the tone of your newscast, etc. The graphics, set, music is all about the station image. WJZ image doesn't look modern, or up to date, and why is that? The justification is laughable, because does any other station think that way too?

Sorry to bump this, but if I'm not mistaken, isn't WBAL #1 in almost all time slots?

WBZ unveiled the gfx today at 5pm. Their open is a variation of the more urgent ng4 cut they had been using on the 11pm newscast.

They're also no longer using John Pleisse as the voiceover. The guy they're using now had been doing WSBK and has been voicing promos for BZ for a few months now. I'm not sure who it is though.

WBZ unveiled the gfx today at 5pm. Their open is a variation of the more urgent ng4 cut they had been using on the 11pm newscast.

They're also no longer using John Pleisse as the voiceover. The guy they're using now had been doing WSBK and has been voicing promos for BZ for a few months now. I'm not sure who it is though.

Yet CBS 11, WCCO, CBS 4 Denver, CBS 4 Southeast Florida, KDKA, and WJZ (if you could count that one) still havent gotten the new graphics. They might get them by the end of this month, assuming the rollout wont last into september

And there's the open to their 6pm newscast. http://boston.cbslocal.com/video/3444976-state-police-say-hundreds-of-tips-already-received-in-princeton-murder/

Yet CBS 11, WCCO, CBS 4 Denver, CBS 4 Southeast Florida, KDKA, and WJZ (if you could count that one) still havent gotten the new graphics. They might get them by the end of this month, assuming the rollout wont last into september

KCNC won't until the middle of next month.

This package is so Raycom looking!

Archived