CBS O&O changes

C Block

while local providers like Charter, Comcast and TWC, along with Dish keep it 4:3 full on the SD channels unless the stations strongly regulate their analog SD display specs.

Is it possible that the channels may be sending out the proper AFD flag OTA but not via their direct fiber feed to Comcast?

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just curious how CBS has delt with WJZ not mandating the CBS look or still using a set from the 90s. I don't care who's in control of the station but you would think by now the big office would demand them to get out of the 90s.

I'm just curious how CBS has delt with WJZ not mandating the CBS look or still using a set from the 90s. I don't care who's in control of the station but you would think by now the big office would demand them to get out of the 90s.

And follow the reigns like their long time sister station, (since the GroupW days), KYW, new logo and all?

The 2013-16 and the revised O&O opens are the same. (Looks better on the NON-O&Os* than the O&Os themselves.)

*WFSB (CBS3) Rocky Hill/Hartford, WGCL (CBS46) Atlanta, WDJT (CBS58) Milwaukee

And follow the reigns like their long time sister station, (since the GroupW days), KYW, new logo and all?

The 2013-16 and the revised O&O opens are the same. (Looks better on the NON-O&Os* than the O&Os themselves.)

Don't refer to WFSB as CBS 3. Just sounds weird to them.

Let's not go too far, I really don't think WGCL's open is all that. WFSB's is great though, especially with that Advantage signature in it.

I'm surprised to see nobody's mentioned that "Linear Drift" is the group behind the new look. The demo showed up on their Vimeo a couple days ago alongside a bunch of other recent Media General graphics packages.

WLNY now has the new graphics, it debuted Monday. Image News is still being used.

th_image_16.pngth_image_19.png

that's because KCAL still uses it. their isn't really anything else to use except enforcer which would be weird to hear since they are independent affiliates. but since their independent affiliates they can still use Image if they need to.

I do wish they would go with a separate color scheme though... Even though they are run by CBS O&Os, use the package, but with a slightly different color scheme to keep the 2 identities more separate.

I'd like to see KCAL and WLNY to use White and Blue no gold

And KCNC was the first after WCBS and KCBS the first time around. There's not really any way anyone can predict these things with any accuracy, other than that they all will get it at some point (with one obvious exception).

Archived