CBS O&O changes

C Block

I thought it was worth starting a thread versus reducing this to the chat box.

Aside from the WCBS logo change and rumored new/refreshed graphics coming to CBS O&Os soon, KCBS has been broadcasting from the KCAL studio since at least Monday, and it looks like all the O&O websites were refreshed today with a new, darker banner.

Exciting times ahead...

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those graphics are being used on CBS 2 at 5, too. I was optimistic when I got a preview of the open, but if this is what they're going with for the lower thirds, that's really disappointing. They just recolored the exact same template as before.

The color tones on the L3 scream KABC and the Breaking News Red Tab looks similar to KFMB. Looks like a Hothaus spinoff.

Also the bug shows FB, Twitter and IG all in one with CBSLA.com next to it. I wonder how it will go with KPIX since they brand FB as KPIX, yet their Twitter is still CBSsf.

However it might change because the past week, their pop up Tabs in the newscasts says "CBSSanFrancisco."

I like that they finally colored the LIVE bug. Still don't understand why KCBS still uses the VDO-era SKY2 bug... And honestly, this update doesn't look too bad.

It would seem like KCBS is now using a new cut of the Enforcer 2013 Update for the opens now (at least for the 11PM newscast) that's paced like the Series 5 primary open, but the bed is far bass-ier, and the signature is harder edged. Anyone thinking the same? What did CBS 2 have for the 11am or the 5pm?

So, are these the graphics coming to all CBS O&O's? Is there going to be an Enforcer ng5 too?

Everybody but WJZ, of course. As for the music, a few generations of Enforcer are in use, so I don't know if the updates (not confirmed as NG5) will spread.

It would seem like KCBS is now using a new cut of the Enforcer 2013 Update for the opens now (at least for the 11PM newscast) that's paced like the Series 5 primary open, but the bed is far bass-ier, and the signature is harder edged. Anyone thinking the same? What did CBS 2 have for the 11am or the 5pm?

Since the 2013 update, KCBS never adapted to the new music and stuck with the NG2 series. Only for the opens but it was always mish mashed.

Is any or all CBS O&Os getting their graphics updated?

Yes. Starting before sweeps at WCBS and KCBS and then dispersing to the rest of the CBS Television properties.

Everybody but WJZ, of course. As for the music, a few generations of Enforcer are in use, so I don't know if the updates (not confirmed as NG5) will spread.

There is a new disc, however Gari has abandoned the 'New Generation' branding concept. Not all O&Os are required to use the new update disc. Be prepared for Soul of the City to stick around for a bit longer.

I can confirm that the open in this new graphics package has been compressed and is a lot shorter.

Yes. Starting after sweeps at WCBS and KCBS and then dispersing to the rest of the CBS Television properties.

I like the L3s in this package, but not the open. Is this the new package or is there a completely new package coming? Hopefully its 16:9...

Archived