Chris Licht moving from CTM to...The Late Show With Stephen Colbert?

swillh2k2

Aww man.

I really enjoyed his his direction for CTM and making it what it is as a morning show. I'm going to miss him as EP. But I'm interested to see what he'll bring to LSSC; maybe mold it into CTM meets Colbert Report? Who knows?

As for the promotion of Ryan Kadro, I think he'll do really well as head. He's been a part of the team since the beginning, and helped develop it as #2, so I believe he can do great as the new EP.

I don't know what how he will change LSSC - but giving him a news showrunner/ep may be a sign of more newsy commentary. I honestly don't know how he can change it as LSSC already is pretty newsy with interviews that would never be featured on normal late night.

I wrote him once or twice during his tenure at MSNBC and seemed like a nice guy (even though the hosts at Morning Joe and CBS This Morning alluded to a foul mouth).

I wrote him once or twice during his tenure at MSNBC and seemed like a nice guy (even though the hosts at Morning Joe and CBS This Morning alluded to a foul mouth).

A foul mouth?

Once there was a time when in newsrooms across the great land....booze flowed with ease...and typewriters flew thru the air with regularity...and passion....always missing the intended victim/intern.

Then corporate arrived...hired women...shut down the mini- bar at the assignment desk...and snuffed out the cigs.

At least let them keep the swearing.

A foul mouth?

Once there was a time when in newsrooms across the great land....booze flowed with ease...and typewriters flew thru the air with regularity...and passion....always missing the intended victim/intern.

Then corporate arrived...hired women...shut down the mini- bar at the assignment desk...and snuffed out the cigs.

At least let them keep the swearing.

I completely understand the swearing especially at Morning Joe when the hosts wouldn't take a break and keep talking on multiple occasions even as the bumper music plays and ends.

Archived