New CNN.com Offically Online

clind

According to TVNewser, and if you actually visit the site, CNN.com is officially online with their new website one day ahead of schedule due to the Breaking News event that happened today.

Personally, I think the look finally pushes CNN forward on the internet, moving forward from the standard they've used for roughly four years to a cleaner, sleeker, Web 2.0 style news website with integrated video and whatnot. Also, live audio feed of CNN available online all the time, though Live Video only during "breaking news", dissolving the whole CNN Pipeline service for a regular free video service.

Overall, I love this style! Clean, sleek, and implementing alot of newer technologies to move away from pop-ups to automatic products, like video in the same window, poll results appearing, weather, and whatnot else. Any thoughts on this around here?

I too like it, the clean lines are nice, and it's easy to read. Good job CNN!

I think it looks like your average, cookie cutter site. Nothing fancy or anything. I would have expected something better.

• 1 month later...

Archived