WTAE Anchor under fire for Facebook post

William1111

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bell's Facebook page might be history, but her Twitter page isn't. Tonight, she's upset with KDKA:

[MEDIA=twitter]715647852198903808[/MEDIA]

I think she's referring to the Pittsburgh Pirates - they have stadium blackouts where they wear black.

I think the only station that will use her is WPXI. I know she's trying to get in KDKA good graces but I don't think they will use her. As of right now she should enjoy her time off and regroup and try to get a job as a special correspondent somewhere to do little feel good stories.

KDKA already has a lot of anchors. I think she would work well at WPXI.

Some local station will maybe pick her up a year from now, when it's all forgotten....and at 1/5 or of what she made before.

The amount she settles on will be based on her ego, and desire to be on teevee.

Some folks just love the abuse.

Sinclair may like her.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wtae-anchor-accused-of-racist-facebook-posts/166620

Wendy Bell, anchor of Hearst owned WTAE in Pittsburgh made an opinion post to her Facebook page Monday morning regarding a recent shooting, referring to the perpetrators as "young black men", which made some people steamed up enough to create a Facebook page demanding her firing.

Do you think Hearst will fire her? Or will they just give her a slap on the wrist?

(or take the BriWi approach, and suspend her for 6 months and demote her to a lower position)

The cry bullies are at it again. I don't understand this public competition people have to see who can pretend to be the most offended over something insignificant someone else said. Even if she said it and meant it, so what? It's not like she's Moses handing down the word of God. She's just an individual, one of 7 billion on this Earth. Who cares what she said?

The cry bullies are at it again. I don't understand this public competition people have to see who can pretend to be the most offended over something insignificant someone else said. Even if she said it and meant it, so what? It's not like she's Moses handing down the word of God. She's just an individual, one of 7 billion on this Earth. Who cares what she said?

10 years from now we hopefully will be way beyond this social media outcry b.s.

If not...

We will have most likely have come full circle back to the public hanging and stockade days.

Anyone up for some PPV executions or floggings after the MMA fight this Friday?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry to bump an old thread but this Wendy Bell Saga continues. She filed a law suit against WTAE demanding back pay and saying she was unjustly fired. I hate to break it to her but yeah they could have gave her a suspension but what she said in her original Facebook message, does give practically anyone basis to fired you. I hate that she will not accept her words got her in trouble. I'm all about second chances and forgiveness but come on girl. Hang it up. If she would have stayed quite until at least November, she probably could've gotten a job somewhere. That seems highly unlikely now.

She can try, but I honestly doubt she'll succed here. She knew what she'd get into before she got fired.

Her later embarrassment and humiliation will all be on her.

Remember the age-old phrase "You reap what you sow". She should have.

Archived