WTKR new set

newsie

Maybe building the set isn't the only thing they're doing... There could be a lot of boring things going on like asbestos abatement (Their building WAS built in the early 60's) or installing new electrical. Maybe the floor needs to be reinforced. Perhaps set pieces got damaged in transport and needed to be rebuilt.

There's A LOT of extra work that goes into putting in a new set. It's not as simple as those timelapse videos make it look.

And would explain why WTXF took so long to debut their new main set. They literally had to rip up and put in a brand new floor before set installation could begin.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So last week, WTKR debut "Coast Live" which I had figured would be a good point at which they'd debut the new set. Instead, the showcame from WTKR's auditorium (which I can't believe still exists), in what looks like a temporary configuration:

[MEDIA=twitter]774248755692470272[/MEDIA]

Scott Fybush from fybush.com visited WTKR back in July and wrote this on his blog post about the visit:

There's another big ground-floor TV studio that we didn't get to see, because it was in the midst of renovations for a new set installation, which we'll have to check out when next we get to Hampton Roads.

The Coast Live set looks like it's supposed to be part of a bigger set, so I'm wondering if they're a little behind and had to make temporary arrangements to launch the show before the rest of the set debuts.

All studio renovations are complete and the set is in place receiving final touches, or so I've heard. Should be debuting sometime this week or so

WTKR's new set debuts today (September 22, 2016) at 4 p.m...

For them, the year (and the Tribune Money) has brought them major improvements product/presentation-wise, with the graphics and now the studio. We'll see if they can make moves into slicing into one of the others ratings...

Archived