February 2016 Sweeps

AA55

Does anyone have any inside info on how the stations are doing?

I feel like other cities have this info at the ready.

I'm wondering if we can have access to more in-depth household numbers other than the usual press release from WABC-TV stating that they are number 1.

I have lived in NYC my whole life and remember us getting more in depth numbers, feel like they used to be reported by NY Daily News/NY Post.

Any help greatly appreciated!

If it is, that's great. I've always thought WCBS has deserved more than they get. It's time their product has gotten some recognition. The last time they were #1 that I can remember was 2011:

Just saw this tweet from Valerie Castro, but couldn't find a credible press release. If this is true, that's a pretty big win for WCBS.

[MEDIA=twitter]705485659545456646[/MEDIA]

Fire Camille? WABC has never had the huge benefit of a strong network lead in but, this season, the ABC network tanked and WABC just didn't have enough to pull off a comeback after suffering through the 8, 9 and 10pm hours. If anyone should be fired, it's the person in charge of primetime programming... and ABC did exactly that when they forced the resignation of Paul Lee last week.

OUCH!!!!!!! :smash: I can only wonder what Camille Edwards is thinking right now must not be happy

The first thing she is thinking is how to blame the Local People meter.

Her second thought is ...

"Will the jump instantly kill me?'

Lets face it, she may have damaged the flagship...and it's going to be a very long weekend...and week for her.

ABC better hope to hell that this is an anomaly with LPM's in the market.

It could be just a ratings fart and will self correct....it might not.

Now how much of the book was she shown?

If you were the ABC honchos how much would you show her?

Would you tell her how much it's really down and across what dayparts?

Brilliant... Give this man a promotion pronto...

Fire Camille? WABC has never had the huge benefit of a strong network lead in but, this season, the ABC network tanked and WABC just didn't have enough to pull off a comeback after suffering through the 8, 9 and 10pm hours. If anyone should be fired, it's the person in charge of primetime programming... and ABC did exactly that when they forced the resignation of Paul Lee last week.

I have my reasons for firing camille besides the ratings book, the fact she is responsible for bringing down the morale of the news room and the fact she's seen as too abrasive and is trying to run out senior on air talent that people like which could be causing a ratings slip along side the leadins

I have my reasons for firing camille besides the ratings book, the fact she is responsible for bringing down the morale of the news room and the fact she's seen as too abrasive and is trying to run out senior on air talent that people like which could be causing a ratings slip along side the leadins

It saves money... That's the name of the game I'm afraid...

That's what happens when WABC fills up its product with social media and the whole abc7ny thing. People are tired of it.

Here is the rub though,

They will probably double down on the social media part because the new guard know no better.

Do you have teen age daughters and a wife???

Ever see what happens when you separate them from those stupid smart phones and facebook feeds?

It's an addiction....and ABC knows it.

It's just a question on how to monetize that addiction....and how to make WABC the drug dealer of choice in NYC.

I don't view this as a big shift in New York news ratings or anything, I think this just shows how terrible ABC primetime is right now. I fully expect WABC to go into a big advertising campaign across all platforms and I think they'll fight WCBS hard.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived