Fictional News Themes

WWUpdate

On 4/10/2019 at 8:27 PM, Weeters said:

If the theme sounds familiar, that's because it's Deaf Dog's KYW package from the early 2000's. Now production music.

Interesting! Do you know which library it can be found in?

• 4 months later...
35 minutes ago, WWUpdate said:

Done in the unmistakable style of a news theme, here's the main theme of the short-lived 1982 series Jessica Novak, set in a TV newsroom:

The theme to CBS' "Jessica Novak" TV series was used as a news close on WBNB-TV 10 during the late 1980s. I remember hearing this one on a WBNB "NewsCenter 10" broadcast anchored by Yvonne Wright. The station was later affected by Hurricane Hugo.

27 minutes ago, KnoxvilleTVFan said:

The theme to CBS' "Jessica Novak" TV series was used as a news close on WBNB-TV 10 during the late 1980s. I remember hearing this one on a WBNB "NewsCenter 10" broadcast anchored by Yvonne Wright. The station was later affected by Hurricane Hugo.

Great find! I wonder if the theme was added to a production track library after the series was canceled -- or whether someone at WBNB remembered the short-lived series and made a special arrangement to use the theme.

Here's one of those closes:

• 2 months later...

Another sighting of real music in a fictional world: “Joker” features a scene in which the newscast on the TV in the background ends. Using a cut of “Hello News”!

Considering it was a Warner Brothers film, I wonder if we’ll see more of this now that Gari, 615, and Nonstop are all in their production music library. It wasn’t credited at the end, which makes me think they have free reign to use whatever they want from the WCPM library.

5 hours ago, Weeters said:

Another sighting of real music in a fictional world: “Joker” features a scene in which the newscast on the TV in the background ends. Using a cut of “Hello News”!

I bought the Blu-Ray but haven't watched yet, so spoil it for me - 70s cut or 80s?

5 hours ago, Weeters said:

Caught the film in theaters several months ago and was waiting to see if anyone on here mentioned this. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived