KNSD New Set (like duh)

Eat News

Studio looks nice, but a bit cramped.

Watching it now. I expected more but looks dull. And yes it definitely looks cramped in and not space worthy at all. Graphics still the same.

We need to remember that this wasn't a custom built building. The building was a few years old and they stripped everything down. There probably was limited space to build a studio.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's one of the new transitions. The other one is a red version.

capture_20160403_231604_zps8rsod3kb.jpg

The fact that they did not modify the graphics one bit, or even switched to look V.2, makes me think that new graphics weren't ready. Maybe they'll debut them before May sweeps or during the Olympics.

Watching it now. I expected more but looks dull. And yes it definitely looks cramped in and not space worthy at all. Graphics still the

The studio is very blue. I wonder if the blue panels change colors.

Here's one of the new transitions. The other one is a red version.

capture_20160403_231604_zps8rsod3kb.jpg

The fact that they did not modify the graphics one bit, or even switched to look V.2, makes me think that new graphics weren't ready. Maybe they'll debut them before May sweeps or during the Olympics.

Did they ever confirm that they really getting new graphics. It was just one tweet from a reporter. Nobody else mentioned new graphics. If they don't roll out the graphics in the next week, then we should expect nothing.

Did they ever confirm that they really getting new graphics. It was just one tweet from a reporter. Nobody else mentioned new graphics. If they don't roll out the graphics in the next week, then we should expect nothing.

Their weather anchor mentioned new graphics. Also, several weeks ago, I saw some new graphics (looking nothing like Look F) pop up at the end of the 6pm newscast. I'm not sure if they were testing something out or not, but the NBC 7 logo was quite larger and the temp/time were to the left stacked on top of one another-- Inside a dark translucent L3.

Their weather anchor mentioned new graphics. Also, several weeks ago, I saw some new graphics (looking nothing like Look F) pop up at the end of the 6pm newscast. I'm not sure if they were testing something out or not, but the NBC 7 logo was quite larger and the temp/time were to the left stacked on top of one another-- Inside a dark translucent L3.

Any chance they'd debut today so they can have more eyes on the new stuff? I never got debuting new things on weekends. To me it's like you don't have 100% confidence in things going smoothly so you roll it out on a weekend where if stuff crashes and burns, you'd only a have a small percentage of your regular viewership watching.

Any chance they'd debut today so they can have more eyes on the new stuff? I never got debuting new things on weekends. To me it's like you don't have 100% confidence in things going smoothly so you roll it out on a weekend where if stuff crashes and burns, you'd only a have a small percentage of your regular viewership watching.

I recorded the AM newscast and they were still using Look F. I wonder if they will do a group wide graphics roll out in time for the new 4pm newscasts that will debut on the O&O's.

Studio looks nice, but a bit cramped.

It does, and the two things that stick out the most to me are 1) the main monitor faux-glass wall isn't angled at all and 2) the green screen looks like it's half behind the set.

I recorded the AM newscast and they were still using Look F. I wonder if they will do a group wide graphics roll out in time for the new 4pm newscasts that will debut on the O&O's.

Possible. Just last month WCAU went ahead and started letterboxing their SD feed during live newscasts. I'd think that would be preparation for any new look that could be coming down the pipe.

It does, and the two things that stick out the most to me are 1) the main monitor faux-glass wall isn't angled at all and 2) the green screen looks like it's half behind the set.

It's not angled because they are using 4k LED monitors (90"), unlike WNBC/WMAQ which used Plasma or LCD monitors and thus reflect more light.

Possible. Just last month WCAU went ahead and started letterboxing their SD feed during live newscasts. I'd think that would be preparation for any new look that could be coming down the pipe.

KNSD began letterboxing their feed sometime last year. I mentioned earlier that I found it very curious that they did not modify the graphics package one bit when they debuted the new station. They could have used the opportunity to go with V2, and move the bug more over to the right. So something must be in the works.

Anyways, found this very interesting...

capture_20160404_105355_zps7rvtvg9o.jpg

Making room for Telemundo??? And the new building has 2 control rooms I believe.

I doubt Telemundo (XHAS) since it's transmitter is in Tijuana and Entravision is duopoly with KBNT.

KNSD would probably startup another "Mi San Diego" but on what channel?

Yes, I do agree they should've got the new graphics or do what NBC Bay Area did not too long ago where they stretch their lower thirds and pushed the logo bug to the corner.

What are these new graphics everyone is talking about? As in a new O&O package? The current one isn't that old and looks fine to me. What would it even be, Look H?

I only saw a glimpse of it. Look F is about 4-5 years old now. NBC usually comes out with a new gfx package for it's O&O's every 4 years or so.

I only saw a glimpse of it. Look F is about 4-5 years old now. NBC usually comes out with a new gfx package for it's O&O's every 4 years or so.

Oh, my how time flies. Look F has held up amazingly well. Easily my favorite package from Artworks.

What are these new graphics everyone is talking about? As in a new O&O package? The current one isn't that old and looks fine to me. What would it even be, Look H?

I believe KXAS' package is Look H. We're up to I lol

I believe KXAS' package is Look H. We're up to I lol

KXAS has more of a custom look exclusive only to them (same with WNBC back when they were in the "content center").

For all we know, Artworks may skip the letter I at this point and go straight to J for their next package.

KXAS has more of a custom look exclusive only to them (same with WNBC back when they were in the "content center").

For all we know, Artworks may skip the letter I at this point and go straight to J for their next package.

KARK and various smaller market Nexstar stations use that look. KARK was actually the first I believe, some time before KXAS picked it up.

Also, I was under the impression that's Look G, not H.

They definitely have the Telemundo desk that's seen in Chicago and LA.

I'm not familiar with San Diego but is there an area where they could have a live waterfront backdrop like WCAU has?

Turns out that backdrop is live from a restaurant called Coasterra on Harbor Island. They are credited and the end of the beoadcast.

KARK and various smaller market Nexstar stations use that look. KARK was actually the first I believe, some time before KXAS picked it up.

Also, I was under the impression that's Look G, not H.

KXAS no longer uses the look you're referring to (And yes that was Look G). When they moved out of Dallas two years ago they picked up a new look from ArtWorks:

[MEDIA=vimeo]77979859[/MEDIA]

This look actually shares a lot of elements and intricacies with the current Telemundo O&O look.

I doubt Telemundo (XHAS) since it's transmitter is in Tijuana and Entravision is duopoly with KBNT.

KNSD would probably startup another "Mi San Diego" but on what channel?

Yes, I do agree they should've got the new graphics or do what NBC Bay Area did not too long ago where they stretch their lower thirds and pushed the logo bug to the corner.

They could put it on their subchannel. I'm not saying anything is imminent, but part of the reason they wanted a new building was so that they had "room to grow their operations". They'd be kind of stupid not to at the very least explore a way to get Telemundo in-house at KNSD.

Archived