KNSD New Set (like duh)

Eat News

Nice....

I bet it smells sooooo gooood!

The "New TV station smell" is better than the "new car smell."

For $50 million, that place better smell nice, LOL.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do like that wide screen monitor in one of the pods.

Do you think there's a new package coming out or are they just getting Look F 2.0?

I think a whole new package. I mentioned a few weeks back how some new graphics popped up inadvertently during the tail end of the 6pm newscast. It had a very large NBC 7 logo on the right side and to the left was the time/temp stacked on top of another. Everything was in translucent dark/black box. It looked nothing like Look F.

I should point out that they will be cancelling their weekend AM newscasts this Sat and Sun. In addition, the last newscast from Downtown will be at 11pm Saturday (Sat.'s and Sunday's 6pm newscast are cancelled). New set debuts Sunday at 11pm.

On a sad note, several camera operators were laid off this week. The new building will be mostly automated, so there is no longer a need for camera operators with the robotic cameras.

Sad to hear that they were laid off. I must say I'm a bit surprised they lasted this long given that every other NBC O&O went robotic. I wonder how they were able to fend off going robotic for such a long time? Any word if some of them could be cross trained to act as a photographer from the field?

Sad to hear that they were laid off. I must say I'm a bit surprised they lasted this long given that every other NBC O&O went robotic. I wonder how they were able to fend off going robotic for such a long time? Any word if some of them could be cross trained to act as a photographer from the field?

Yeah, it's unfortunate anytime anyone loses their job. Especially in what's supposed to be a happy/celebratory time for the staff. I'm not sure how many of them they kept around to fill other open positions. The only reason they've had camera operators for a long time is that the Downtown studio is so small and cramped that they could not get robotic cameras in there. They had three cameras in front of the desk and one extra one that they moved around the other side of the studio for interviews, etc.

They definitely have the Telemundo desk that's seen in Chicago and LA.

I'm not familiar with San Diego but is there an area where they could have a live waterfront backdrop like WCAU has?

They definitely have the Telemundo desk that's seen in Chicago and LA.

I'm not familiar with San Diego but is there an area where they could have a live waterfront backdrop like WCAU has?

They would have to do it from Coronado, but there isn't a place they could permanently place a camera for that shot.

The first pic is a promo for tonight's 11pm news. They've been using those graphics for promos, for a few years now. The second pic is the morning news/talent promo.

Here's a picture of the newsroom from the Instagram account. It's nice knowing they didn't want to go through the expense of dual monitors.

[MEDIA=instagram]BDwvMQvBliT[/MEDIA]

Here's a picture of the newsroom from the Instagram account. It's nice knowing they didn't want to go through the expense of dual monitors.

[MEDIA=instagram]BDwvMQvBliT[/MEDIA]

Producing a show with a single monitor - while completely doable - is a pain in the rear.

Producing a show with a single monitor - while completely doable - is a pain in the rear.

It's just a stupid comment. I wonder why they didn't get two as well - KNBC got two + a TV and KXAS got three but they stream TV to their computers using VITEC system.

Archived