KNSD New Set (like duh)

Eat News

They could put it on their subchannel. I'm not saying anything is imminent, but part of the reason they wanted a new building was so that they had "room to grow their operations". They'd be kind of stupid not to at the very least explore a way to get Telemundo in-house at KNSD.

True, Entravision was kind of lenient when XETV duopoly with XDTV (My13) for a while (2005-2007) before they went back to Entravision.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible that the second space on the sign is for another business or possibly the NBC Universal logo? I'm not sure about the area but could they be sharing a drive way with another building.

Is it possible that the second space on the sign is for another business or possibly the NBC Universal logo? I'm not sure about the area but could they be sharing a drive way with another building.

Unfortunately they aren't sharing a driveway. its' own building property. It used to be a campus of ITT Technical Institute before being sold to KNSD and right next door is the home for the 7 iHeart Media San Diego Radio Stations which actually shares a driveway of a Life Insurance Company

Turns out that backdrop is live from a restaurant called Coasterra on Harbor Island. They are credited and the end of the beoadcast.

Since the backdrop monitor has a 4K vertical resolution I wonder if they're using a regular 1080i camera for the harbor view.

Since the backdrop monitor has a 4K vertical resolution I wonder if they're using a regular 1080i camera for the harbor view.

It pixelates quite a bit. Then there are instances where you don't know if it's live video or a skyline photo since the image will freeze. Still a nice skyline shot, nonetheless.

It pixelates quite a bit. Then there are instances where you don't know if it's live video or a skyline photo since the image will freeze. Still a nice skyline shot, nonetheless.

I think it has to do with signal or connection during the daytime and evening shots. The FOX Sports Grill above the San Diego Hilltop Bayfront Camera, Sutro Tower Camera and Bay Bridge Toll Plaza Cameras seems to run at normal connection during daylight and during the night time it tends to "BUFFER"

I think it has to do with signal or connection during the daytime and evening shots. The FOX Sports Grill above the San Diego Hilltop Bayfront Camera, Sutro Tower Camera and Bay Bridge Toll Plaza Cameras seems to run at normal connection during daylight and during the night time it tends to "BUFFER"

Could they be using an IP connection to get the images back to the studio rather than a microwave or fiber connection (that may link microwave receive back to station)? I wonder if they're using the cameras that WSI supplies and run using a simple Internet connection.

Also why would a San Diego station have a Sutro Tower camera?

Could they be using an IP connection to get the images back to the studio rather than a microwave or fiber connection (that may link microwave receive back to station)? I wonder if they're using the cameras that WSI supplies and run using a simple Internet connection.

I was giving examples becuase those 3 cameras seem to have those issues.

FOX 5 uses two cameras downtown. The Hilton Bayfront camera runs smoothly day and night, no buffering/pixelation, etc. The other camera i'm not sure where it's located and that one looks like a webcam--not the best picture quality.

I really see the images as too sharp. The detail on the studio cams need to be cranked back a stop or two.

Correct, those cams are IP based. Most stations older beauty cams are microwave. They do freeze up and buffer, but they do look better than most the microwave cams.

Correct, those cams are IP based. Most stations older beauty cams are microwave. They do freeze up and buffer, but they do look better than most the microwave cams.

The freezing up and buffering is what drives me nuts. WBAL launched a slew of new HD beauty cams and while they haven't frozen/buffered yet you can see the difference as they're 30 FPS. WJZ and WBAL have about two or three microwave HD cams and the difference is ten fold.

The freezing up and buffering is what drives me nuts. WBAL launched a slew of new HD beauty cams and while they haven't frozen/buffered yet you can see the difference as they're 30 FPS. WJZ and WBAL have about two or three microwave HD cams and the difference is ten fold.

At some point the locals will finish the upgrades to those micro set ups. You have to change those entire units out from lens 2 transmitter, PTZ heads etc...

Today I saw a CNN liveshot that was via skype...they had the double box up and it was obvious the skype shot was on a 33.6 modem and going all to hell.

They took the shot anyway...and it was all shit...I thought we wanted nice HD pictures nowdays....but everyone is soo cheap they run skype.

Good Grief!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

While I was looking to see if there were any comments from NBCU on the deaths of their employees at Pulse I noticed an article about KNSD was posted last week. A lot of it was already mentioned here but it's interesting that they have two sources of green electricity a 200 KW solar garage top and a 250KW fuel cell. Is it possible that they could be off the grid (save for the natural gas) to provide their power.

http://www.nbcuniversal.com/article/nbc-7-san-diego-unveils-new-eco-friendly-headquarters

While I was looking to see if there were any comments from NBCU on the deaths of their employees at Pulse I noticed an article about KNSD was posted last week. A lot of it was already mentioned here but it's interesting that they have two sources of green electricity a 200 KW solar garage top and a 250KW fuel cell. Is it possible that they could be off the grid (save for the natural gas) to provide their power.

http://www.nbcuniversal.com/article/nbc-7-san-diego-unveils-new-eco-friendly-headquarters

Very well could be and if that is the case, they might be getting incentives from California for being green. I think its a real smart move not just in this case for a television station to be "off the electrical grid" but also other places of business that can afford the initial infrastructure costs to start going towards that way (or for building management to go that way).

Archived