Tribune CBS Graphics: WREG Edition

TennTV1983

As I mentioned in the WTVR thread, WREG in Memphis has debuted a variant of the Tribune CBS graphics as of Noon today (the weather graphics debuted yesterday). Music and logo are still the same.

Watch the new look in action now: http://wreg.com/on-air/live-streaming/

EDIT: A few images:

[GALLERY=media, 769]Wreg2016_01 by TennTV1983 posted Feb 8, 2016 at 1:29 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 770]Wreg2016_02 by TennTV1983 posted Feb 8, 2016 at 1:29 PM[/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 771]Wreg2016_03 by TennTV1983 posted Feb 8, 2016 at 1:33 PM[/GALLERY]

Along with a graphic showing the aforementioned 10-day forecast they've started doing since yesterday.

[GALLERY=media, 772]Wreg2016_04 by TennTV1983 posted Feb 8, 2016 at 1:33 PM[/GALLERY]

There were some minor issues with the new graphics. but hopefully it'll all get resolved before the 4pm newscast.

I like the updated color palette in this version of the package, but the News Channel 3 logo looks completely out of place now. WREG didn't need to change to the standard eye/number lockup, but at least update the typography in the existing logo so it fits into the new look and feel. Bummer.

It really irks me when they mix the previous graphics with new ones.. They need to rid of the Arial fonts and replace it with the Gotham-like fonts that the banners use as well as what WTTV & WTVR are using

Mind you that this was WREG's first full day of implementing the new look, and adjustments still have to be made. Heck, the SD feed isn't even 16:9 letterboxed, so there's still the issue of certain graphics getting cut off for being outside of the 4:3 safe zones.

I do agree that the continual use of elements from the now-previous in-house look make the package overall look tacky in some areas, and should have been phased out completely when they made the switch, but have not (including some of the on-monitor graphics in the studio).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived