CBS O&Os

bostonmediaguy

As good of a time as it would be, I'm not aware of anything. No one's on a temp set, and there have been no leaks or hints of graphics on the way. I saw somewhere, though, that new graphics might be coming later this year.

Not to stray too far from the original topic, but come to think of it, NBC is due to roll new stuff out to the handful of its stations still using original Look F. They seem to go on a 4 year cycle.

This could be a fun year.

I mentioned this in the shout box earlier this year. Weeters and a few others replied that most of the packages have held up well, probably have some life left on them and that they haven't heard any rumors or leaks. Also I'd venture a guess that the graphics will be here a while as NBC, CBS and Hearst (all of whom in the past rolled out new packages for big events such as the Super Bowl or Olympics) as they are still rolling out tweaks and minor updates. Since WJZ doesn't follow the O&O's graphics package - I don't see/watch their news often but I have noticed some changes since the roll out.

I mentioned this in the shout box earlier this year. Weeters and a few others replied that most of the packages have held up well, probably have some life left on them and that they haven't heard any rumors or leaks. Also I'd venture a guess that the graphics will be here a while as NBC, CBS and Hearst (all of whom in the past rolled out new packages for big events such as the Super Bowl or Olympics) as they are still rolling out tweaks and minor updates. Since WJZ doesn't follow the O&O's graphics package - I don't see/watch their news often but I have noticed some changes since the roll out.

Don't Forget WCCO also uses their own Cut of the Enforcer and have since their last set of graphics.

Hands down WBAL is best in the market while the other three are hmmm..

If anything I could see more NBC O&Os moving to the Look F update that KNBC and WMAQ are using this year. Keep in WCAU has only been using the standard Look F package since 2014 so it hasn't had the mileage of some other stations' use of it. I think with them and KNSD moving into buildings next year, I doubt you'll see a Look I(?) come around before then.

If anything I could see more NBC O&Os moving to the Look F update that KNBC and WMAQ are using this year. Keep in WCAU has only been using the standard Look F package since 2014 so it hasn't had the mileage of some other stations' use of it. I think with them and KNSD moving into buildings next year, I doubt you'll see a Look I(?) come around before then.

KNSD should be moving into their new building in a few months. We'll probably see the Look F V.2 updates then.

New graphics should be coming. CBS usually updates them every three years, and the last update was in 2013. We'll see. Will CBS O&O's get new Enforcer music too?

I just hope that WJZ can finally update its tired muddled set and get rid of Manic Monday singing contests, which are stupid....

Archived