Maria Stephanos joins WCVB

BehindNYNews

She will anchor the 7pm and 11pm WCVB broadcasts with Ed Harding and will also anchor the soon to launch 10pm news on WCVB's MeTV Boston.

Many people were expecting the new NBC Boston to pick her up so this is a good get by WCVB.

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2016/2/1/resurfacing-in-bean-town

Where does this leave Heather Unruh? My guess is she will do the 4:30 and 6pm newscasts.

She will anchor the 7pm and 11pm WCVB broadcasts with Ed Harding and will also anchor the soon to launch 10pm news on WCVB's MeTV Boston.

Many people were expecting the new NBC Boston to pick her up so this is a good get by WCVB.

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2016/2/1/resurfacing-in-bean-town

Where does this leave Heather Unruh? My guess is she will do the 4:30 and 6pm newscasts.

You are correct. Maria will do 7, 10 & 11, Heather will do 4:30 & 6.

I am so happy that the great Maria Stephanos is back on Boston TV. She will go great with Ed Harding and enhance WCVB's product. Although, I never thought they would hire her. She doesn't seem like the "WCVB" type. But, she will be a great fit.

NewEnglandOne- can you post the full newscasts at 7 and 11pm on the night of her debut? Also some other WCVB newscasts? I would message you, but my messenger doesn't work for some reason. Thanks!

NewEnglandOne- can you post the full newscasts at 7 and 11pm on the night of her debut? Also some other WCVB newscasts? I would message you, but my messenger doesn't work for some reason. Thanks!

Will post her welcome, but can't post the full newscasts... you can DM me on Twitter for a link to download it.

Long story. The style CMG had did not mesh with her, but thankfully she had to sit through her non-compete clause.

I haven't watched WFXT's news all that much in a while. Remind me what the CMG style is...?

I haven't watched WFXT's news all that much in a while. Remind me what the CMG style is...?

Let me put it this way.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=hi3RDMG-ePs;t=17

All kidding aside, Cox's style, pending on TV station, is a straight-no-chaser newscast. No fluff, lots of investigative reports, everything that a TV newscast is supposed to do. Unfortunately, that's not much of a case given the fact that personality sells. Hence why Stephanos was such a big commodity. She's pretty much the last best thing New England TV has to offer, otherwise it will be like WHDH with the rotating anchors and everything.....

yeah cause the way i see it is that cox got rid of her is because she is a legend and she was too big for the organization?

Did she leave by her own volition (i.e., sitting out the remainder of her contract) or did CMG let her go?

Both parties were unable to come to terms on a new contract. She decided to look elsewhere. Management knowing good and well that she could bounce in market asked her to leave that day.

In other words...

She got lo-balled during contract renewal...and treated like shit.

She called the bluff, and rolled the dice elsewhere...

Looks like she won.

Archived