Chicago Broadcasting legend voicing TV imaging campaign for Houston radio station

WXmanTim

Yes, the threat topic is a bit clickbaitish, but it's nonetheless true.

University of Houston-owned KUHF-FM (88.7) has been running a new imaging campaign featuring the voice over of Bill Kurtis.

It's not terribly surprising since Kurtis took over Karl Kassel's role as the announcer and scorekeeper for NPR's "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" after the latter's retirement. So far I've only seen the ads on KHOU (CBS/11), KUHF's media partner.

Can't seem to find the ad online, I checked Houston Public Media's youtube page, and it's not been posted. If I catch it tomorrow I'll try to remember to record it on my phone.

Yes, the threat topic is a bit clickbaitish, but it's nonetheless true.

University of Houston-owned KUHF-FM (88.7) has been running a new imaging campaign featuring the voice over of Bill Kurtis.

It's not terribly surprising since Kurtis took over Karl Kassel's role as the announcer and scorekeeper for NPR's "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" after the latter's retirement. So far I've only seen the ads on KHOU (CBS/11), KUHF's media partner.

Can't seem to find the ad online, I checked Houston Public Media's youtube page, and it's not been posted. If I catch it tomorrow I'll try to remember to record it on my phone.

Curtis has a habit of recording things when he visits student radio stations too.. When he came to speak on naturally sourced beef (he owns a company or something) at my school a few years ago he came over and recorded several sweepers for us and took a tour...

KUHF isn't anywhere near a student-run station. In fact, it's probably one of the best run professional NPR member stations in the country with a great news department

I understand that... Just a comment about other stuff he's done in the same realm...

Archived