WNBC to launch 4pm Newscast (Report)

B2r4a6n

WNBC needs some stable anchor teams, so I hope this sticks for awhile. I hope they give someone the 7:00 pm newscast permanently as well. David and Sibila could anchor the 7:00 in addition to the 5:00.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here's my idea:

Morning- Darlene Rodriguez, Kerry Barrett, & Michael Gargiulo

Noon-Kerry Barrett & Stefan Holt

4:00-Natalie Pasquarella & Stefan Holt

5:00- Sibila Vargas & David Ushery

6:00- Natalie Pasquarella & Chuck Scarborough

7:00- Sibila Vargas & David Ushery

11:00- Sibila Vargas & Chuck Scarborough

Weekends:

Morning- Pat Battle & Gus Rosendale

6:00 & 11:00- Rob Schmitt

here's my idea:

Morning- Darlene Rodriguez, Kerry Barrett, & Michael Gargiulo

Noon-Kerry Barrett & Stefan Holt

4:00-Natalie Pasquarella & Stefan Holt

5:00- Sibila Vargas & David Ushery

6:00- Natalie Pasquarella & Chuck Scarborough

7:00- Sibila Vargas & David Ushery

11:00- Sibila Vargas & Chuck Scarborough

Weekends:

Morning- Pat Battle & Gus Rosendale

6:00 & 11:00- Rob Schmitt

7 pm seems to be the any one can anchor hour. I don't think they've had anyone permanent in that time slot since it was labeled NY Nightly News w/Chuck Scarborough.

7 pm seems to be the any one can anchor hour. I don't think they've had anyone permanent in that time slot since it was labeled NY Nightly News w/Chuck Scarborough.

Hence why the should bring some stability to the broadcast.

• 5 weeks later...
Does anyone kmow what they'll do when it comes to weather for evenings? Will Dave do the noon and 5 and Janice the rest? Or will they split it up differently?

I was under the impression that Dave would be at noon and 4. I remember seeing Stephan Holt tweeting a picture of him, Natalie and Dave referring to the new newscast.

I was under the impression that Dave would be at noon and 4. I remember seeing Stephan Holt tweeting a picture of him, Natalie and Dave referring to the new newscast.

Correct Dave will do noon & 4. 5 pm goes back to a single team for the entire hour so Janice will do 5, 6, 7 & 11.

Does anyone kmow what they'll do when it comes to weather for evenings? Will Dave do the noon and 5 and Janice the rest? Or will they split it up differently?

Janice will do 5, 6, 7 & 11. Dave will do noon & 4.

Oh ok, sounds good! Hopefully WABC doesn't do a 3PM like their better half, KABC because thats what they ended up doing when KNBC did their 4PM newscast haha.

So when is the launch date of the 4PM broadcast? Did they make an official announcement as to when the 4PM broadcast will start?

It's Monday June 13th, same day that WTVJ 6 (SFL) and WVIT 30 (CT) will also debut their 4:00pm newscasts.

That just sounds like two different cuts of "L.A. Groove"... I'm wondering if they are going to use those cuts and create a new intro...(talent opening like WABC?)...I doubt it but we'll see.

[MEDIA=vimeo]170071654[/MEDIA]

Does this new promo with the new NBC O&O Look hint at a new music package?

Not a new music package. That is KNBC 2007 slowed down.

Just wanted to share that I'm watching the today show now and Kerry Barrett is doing a local update... In the background I can see the control room trying out the new graphics with Michael G. from the studio...for the brief second I saw they look pretty good... My guess is they'll debut them on Monday.

It's hard to explain but I wouldn't say vastly different...Seems shiny and brighter which is the opposite of the new graphics on WABC and WCBS which are flat... Colors are the same (blue, white and Red for breaking news)... It's exactly what's on the link that's been posted a few up.

Archived