Katie Couric

BehindNYNews

It's being reported that Katie may be fired from Yahoo if the sale of Yahoo goes through. Katie has been at NBC, CBS, ABC and now Yahoo, while she can definitely return to these, where do you see Katie ending up? Her buddy Jeff Zucker is running CNN, could she follow him? Thoughts?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2015/12/08/as-yahoo-struggles-harsh-light-shifts-to-another-investment-katie-couric/

It's being reported that Katie may be fired from Yahoo if the sale of Yahoo goes through. Katie has been at NBC, CBS, ABC and now Yahoo, while she can definitely return to these, where do you see Katie ending up? Her buddy Jeff Zucker is running CNN, could she follow him? Thoughts?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2015/12/08/as-yahoo-struggles-harsh-light-shifts-to-another-investment-katie-couric/

Couric could be an interesting fit in the 9 pm slot on CNN but would Turner be willing to fork out the kind of green needed to bring her to cable? That I'm not so sure about.

$10 million/year is a lot to keep a person on your team, but apparently not enough thanks to a poorly-timed financial struggles (the acquisition of Tumblr, the original video foray [Community, Other Space, etc.] and refusal to spin off its Alibaba stake).

And it's a shame for Katie, too. After NBC, she hasn't had a much success on the other networks. And now, because of this reported sale fro Yahoo, she may have trouble keeping her rep with this many clients on her repertoire. But because of her good relationship with Zucker, she might go to CNN, if the reasons are good. Probably as a special correspondent or maybe he might give her an occasional interview series, or even an actual show.

Who knows will happen with this new development?

Another thought of mine is is this:

If this sale of their media properties happens, I think probably ABC could buy some of them (thanks to their current partnership, especially in regards to Good Morning America) and also bring in Katie as a special correspondent (at least that'll be more of a success than her ill-fated talk show). I'm just spit-balling here, but--Again, who know what'll happen?

Another thought of mine is is this:

If this sale of their media properties happens, I think probably ABC could buy some of them (thanks to their current partnership, especially in regards to Good Morning America) and also bring in Katie as a special correspondent (at least that'll be more of a success than her ill-fated talk show). I'm just spit-balling here, but--Again, who know what'll happen?

The problem I see with ABC is they already have Diane and Barbara who fight for interviews (I don't know how much Barbara is doing anymore) and I don't think Katie would help in this role. Maybe in a different role but not if it's going to be exactly what they have Diane and Barbara for.

The problem I see with ABC is they already have Diane and Barbara who fight for interviews (I don't know how much Barbara is doing anymore) and I don't think Katie would help in this role. Maybe in a different role but not if it's going to be exactly what they have Diane and Barbara for.

More hens means more eggs.

Unless the hens are old....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived