November Sweeps

AA55

How are the ratings faring for our local news stations here in NYC?

Eyewitness News still king? (Assume so)

How is Good Day New York doing against Today and GMA?

Is News 4 New York making any impact? I've seen an improved news product from them as of late.

How are the ratings faring for our local news stations here in NYC?

Eyewitness News still king? (Assume so)

How is Good Day New York doing against Today and GMA?

Is News 4 New York making any impact? I've seen an improved news product from them as of late.

Unless someone has inside access to the books you won't see anything till Wednesday at the earliest and more likely next week because of Turkey Day...

I really need to start a fantasy newscast/ ratings league so I can make a ton of money taking bets/ wagering from all you fan boys. You can all trade anchors hire and fire reporters...and sell all the TV stations/ groups you want without FCC approval.

I will be rich!

I really need to start a fantasy newscast/ ratings league so I can make a ton of money taking bets/ wagering from all you fan boys. You can all trade anchors hire and fire reporters...and sell all the TV stations/ groups you want without FCC approval.

I will be rich!

Or just crazy...

Anyone know about how GDNY

Looks like GMA is back on top with a nice lead too.

"Good Morning America" leads the ratings in the country's largest market from 7-9am. It holds a 32% advantage over its closest competitor in DMA Households while also ranking #1 among Adults 25-54 and Women 25-54.

As does Today, CBS This Morning, GDNY, and the PIX 11 Morning News. Not sure of the point you're making there.
It's because people in the NYC area watch WABC more than any other news station overall and it translated into GMA (at least in the NYC area)

It's because people in the NYC area watch WABC more than any other news station overall and it translated into GMA (at least in the NYC area)

So, that would be the reason, not that it's filmed in New York. The two have nothing to do with each other.

huh?

Most watched in terms of households yes... But in terms of share and ratings points it's doubtful a 3.8 in total day is the highest in the nation. Whatever that share is probably isn't either. Like everything with ratings they pick and choose the good parts. New York is so big that any of the stations could be number one and claim most watched in the country... It's a stupid boast that occurs by default not because they are somehow that good and that special...

Most watched in terms of households yes... But in terms of share and ratings points it's doubtful a 3.8 in total day is the highest in the nation. Whatever that share is probably isn't either. Like everything with ratings they pick and choose the good parts. New York is so big that any of the stations could be number one and claim most watched in the country... It's a stupid boast that occurs by default not because they are somehow that good and that special...
It'd make more sense if any one of them claimed they're the most watched news in the New York state (including Albany, Rochester, and Buffalo, not just NYC).

Archived