WDEF New Graphics

LexTVandRadio

Yet another reason why Morris needs to be sold...

It can't happen fast enough. I wouldn't be surprised if Nexstar or Gray snaps them up over the next year or so. If Gray, obviously they'll spinoff WTVQ through a sale or trade. The broadcast division of Morris is ripe for takeover with someone who has the deeper pockets and the competitive sense to make long-term investments into the stations.

I fainted when I read the thread title! The Media General graphics they were still using for the newscasts were changed around dozens of times. I believe the last refresh to those graphics were given the American flag effect. If you drive by their building you'll see why the set and graphics are out of date. There's very little money invested in the station. They'll keep this look for 10-12 years or until a company with more than $2,000 acquires them.

It can't happen fast enough. I wouldn't be surprised if Nexstar or Gray snaps them up over the next year or so. If Gray, obviously they'll spinoff WTVQ through a sale or trade. The broadcast division of Morris is ripe for takeover with someone who has the deeper pockets and the competitive sense to make long-term investments into the stations.

Yes. Thank you.

I could see Gray picking them up. Although like you said WTVQ would be sold off. I'd like to see them maybe get sold off to one of the Louisville stations owner. Hearst, Raycom, or Gannett. I could see WTVQ being successful if someone put money into them.

Surprised they didn't want to go the virtual set route.

Me too. A couple years ago someone at WWAY told me they were going to expand the virtual sets to all the Morris stations. I guess not?

That's the same kind of desk WNCT had... in 1998!

1871015557_ScreenShot2015-11-03at8_50_33PM.png.51aacb7440b29809c1a2a36890e92e41.png

Me too. A couple years ago someone at WWAY told me they were going to expand the virtual sets to all the Morris stations. I guess not?

[ATTACH=full]2432[/ATTACH]

WJTV had the same desk as well back from 1995-1996 until 2003-2004 (see attached pic).

wjtv.jpg.0420694f177ac856f7e9815d3752b579.jpg

I also attached a picture of WDEF's set before the refresh just in case some people need a reminder. The next pic is of course the refreshed set seen today.

WDEF.jpg.4243d01982946de7e6ce3cbb4c1d2df5.jpg

WDEF2.jpg.933f3b7776fe90b3ae0917fcc76c9654.jpg

[ATTACH=full]2432[/ATTACH]

And WJTV as well. They got that same style of desk after acquiring the WMC hand-me-down set in 1996. Haha Freddie Harrison beat me to it!!

• 1 month later...
I ran across this. This is from their sister station in Lexington.

Real or fake.

Definitely fake. Chromakey lines are around table cloth edges, especially on the left side. You can also tell with the right sleeve of the woman on the left and the top of the woman's hair on the right.

If someone is going to chromakey a kitchen at least find a modern fake shot.... not something that looks like a google image search gone bad OR a wayback archive kitchen from the 1990's interwebs.

Archived