WKYT New Graphics

wkytdirector

WKYT launched a bunch of new elements today. New graphics package designed by Gray Digital Media (also used by KSNB), new music (CBS Local by Stephen Arnold Music), and new weather/traffic system (WSI's Max Weather and Max Traffic)

Ehh... the open is okay, but not intriguing to say the least. And a new slogan too... WKYT Stands for Kentucky. I've seen that style of slogan used elsewhere so not really original... KHOU Stands for Houston.

WKYT launched a bunch of new elements today. New graphics package designed by Gray Digital Media (also used by KSNB), new music (CBS Local by Stephen Arnold Music), and new weather/traffic system (WSI's Max Weather and Max Traffic)

These scream VizRT. I am not a fan.

Yeah they changed it around this time last year. Not sure on the reason why it was changed. Now I wonder if WLEX will update theirs? They try to get 5-7 years out of their graphics.

They still have the best look in that market.

• 3 weeks later...
The new weather graphics match what is used on WOWT-TV

I wouldn't be surprised if KOLN/KGIN adopts this package to align with their central Nebraska affiliates (KSNB,KNOP) that they are controlling from Lincoln so that it all has a similar image since they are promoting it all as the Nebraska News & Information Network.

• 1 month later...

Archived