WTIC brings back Fox 61

eyewitness_news

Fox 61 is back!!!

https://tribwtic.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/fox61_news_tile.jpg

The re-branding from "Fox Connecticut" back to "Fox 61" started with the 9am newscast titled "Fox Connecticut/61 Morning Extra". Included is the video of their rebranding announcement. IMHO WTIC shouldn't have changed it to Fox Connecticut to begin with.

That reminds me of WFLD, which now goes by Fox 32 rather than Fox Chicago.

Let's not forget when WTXF in Philly was "Fox Philadelphia"- they changed in 95, shortly after Paramount sold them to Fox. Then-GM Roger LaMay was the primary force- and once he left, so did the name.

I can't stand how the NBC O&Os use "NBC Chicago" and "NBC Bay Area" etc. To me NBC in Chicago will always be NBC 5. I wish they would go away from this. I always type in nbc5.com for their website.

I believe NBC Bay Area is the only one who uses the branding on air without the number. The CBS O&Os also use this branding for internet and social media.

Archived