Time / Temp Bugs

ns8401

In Central Florida, I think that WESH/WKCF is only mornings while WKMG is each newscast except 11pm, WFTV/WRDQ is the same except at 10 and 11pm and WOFL's is on all newscasts, year-round.

Tell me if I'm right or wrong because I visit Central Florida very often, but don't live there.

In my market (Chicago), all my local stations use the time and temp bug on every newscast. If I can recall clearly, in the daytime hours, WMAQ shows the time and temp bug on programming as well, and WFLD, on every FOX 32 Sunday news programs in the morning, they use the logo bug but does not use the time and temp.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually prefer a ticker with current temperatures from various areas within the coverage area in addition to everything else you would typically see in a lower-third ticker.

Back to the time for a second...it really sucks if you live in a market that is divided by a time zone line. I think most people have a cell phone or tablet in his or her hand during the news and can access the time and the weather is updated several time throughout the newscast, so in all honesty it's really not necessary to have a time/temperature bug.

Archived