Philadelphia Papal Coverage

Guest Newshound

I agree with those commenting about the quality and charisma of the CBS-3 team this weekend. They truly are doing a great job. I had sworn off of Eyewitness News after the mass firing earlier this summer, but there is once again some special happening there. As for Jim Donovan anchoring their coverage - I was, at first, surprised because of his usually "colorful" nature - however within minutes I was won over by the inner spirit, family history, and knowledge he brought to the table. Thanks to this event, he truly has shown his depth of talent and skill.

Another interesting throwback: Rev. Msgr. Charles H. Hagan is serving as an on-air analyst for Action News's coverage of the mass with Brian Taff and Sharie Williams. Previously, he served as an on-air analyst for Action News alongside Jim O'Brien when Pope John Paul II visited in 1979.

I agree with those commenting about the quality and charisma of the CBS-3 team this weekend. They truly are doing a great job. I had sworn off of Eyewitness News after the mass firing earlier this summer, but there is once again some special happening there. As for Jim Donovan anchoring their coverage - I was, at first, surprised because of his usually "colorful" nature - however within minutes I was won over by the inner spirit, family history, and knowledge he brought to the table. Thanks to this event, he truly has shown his depth of talent and skill.

And that's why CBS should make KYW their tertiary flagship.

I don't think WCAU will supplant WNBC as NBC's flagship and neither will WWSI do it to WNJU. In fact, they'll make WCAU NBC's tertiary flagship and WWSI as Telemundo's quaternary flagship.

And that's why CBS should make KYW their tertiary flagship.

Using big words doesn't make your points sound intelligent. Each network has ONE flagship, and by definition a flagship is "the best or most important thing owned or produced by a particular organization".

Using big words doesn't make your points sound intelligent. Each network has ONE flagship, and by definition a flagship is "the best or most important thing owned or produced by a particular organization".

All the networks have at least two flagships (one in the west coast and one on the east coast). I still like how awesome KYW and CBSN covered the final ceremony in the pope's trip.

Archived