TWC cancels Sam Champion's AMHQ

Andrew2016

Sam didn't leave GMA for TWC just because of money. At the time, He mentioned how going to TWC/Atlanta would allow him to be closer to his husband in Miami. Not sure if that's still the case or not.

I'm pretty sure money (aka greed) was the main reason. Being closer to his husband was just a side effect of his decision.

• 1 month later...

AMHQ relaunched today, with hosts Stephanie Abrams, Jim Cantore, Jen Carfagno, and Anaridis Rodriguez. The time slot has been shifted from 7-10 to 5-9 AM eastern,

[MEDIA=twitter]663687015343521794[/MEDIA]

Couldn't have said it better myself. I caught some of it this morning... and, wow, it is so much better. Love to just see a bunch of weather forecasts given by good meteorologists, without all the fluff. Now, let's hope they just leave it alone: this is the fourth morning team they've had in two years. With this and "Weather Underground," I'm really liking where TWC is going these days... it sure is nice when they listen to what their audience wants.

Archived