The CW & Tribune

Breaking News

Here what deadline.com is reporting The CW & Tribune affiliate renewals...very interesting since this site talks about CW & Tribune.

http://deadline.com/2015/09/cw-tribune-deal-renewal-talks-netflix-hulu-1201505947/

Ugh, this crap again. So, let me see based on this article CW and Tribune have had some discussion but are in no hurry. They likely won't discuss in at length until January. And, they'd like to come to an agreement but, both parties have back up plans in case they are unable to reach an agreement.

All much ado about nothing in my book. The CW isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I'm not going to regurgitate my thoughts on this subject. If you want them I think this post explains my thoughts on the subject quite well. Things could get a little dicey if they don't renew (or, enter into new) streaming deals. But, I don't expect that to happen.

Could you see The CW possibly moving from KOCB to KAUT at some point next year? Because The Sinclair/CW affiliation pact expires next August.

Well considering Sinclair just signed a long-term renewal with The CW back in July...I'm going to say no.

Makes sense. How long does that go? Apparently someone at Wikipedia still hasn't updated that KOCB is a part of that new Affiliation agreement between The CW and Sinclair.

EDIT: I just read the article it didn't say how long the CW/Sinclair affiliation pact lasts.

Makes sense. How long does that go? Apparently someone at Wikipedia still hasn't updated that KOCB is a part of that new Affiliation agreement between The CW and Sinclair.

EDIT: I just read the article it didn't say how long the CW/Sinclair affiliation pact lasts.

Sinclair filled the affiliation agreement in their CW station's public files and the agreement now expires at the end of the 2020-2021 season, and although redacted, the portions unredacted implied it includes an option for moving the affiliation to a .2 station.

Sinclair filled the affiliation agreement in their CW station's public files and the agreement now expires at the end of the 2020-2021 season, and although redacted, the portions unredacted implied it includes an option for moving the affiliation to a .2 station.

An easy out if they want to move ABC in Birmingham to the main signals of WTTO/WDBB.

What could be interesting is if CBS and Time Warner ever merge....giving the combined company another network, just like when Viacom (and later CBS) had CBS and UPN under their belts...

A Time Warner/CBS Merger makes sense giving CBS/Turner's cooperation with the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament.

What could be interesting is if CBS and Time Warner ever merge....giving the combined company another network, just like when Viacom (and later CBS) had CBS and UPN under their belts...

Given that Viacom and CBS are autonomous companies under the National Amusements umbrella, a CBS-TW merger is possible. Although CBS may see to it to divest themselves of their entire radio division beforehand (easier said than done).

Would they want to merge? That would be the bigger question.

Archived